Syrian Front : Army Breaks Siege on Nubbul and al-Zahra in Aleppo
Syrian Front : Forces Liberate Northern Aleppo
Mass Celebration in Nubbul and al-Zahra Towns, Aleppo Province
Syrian Front : Russia Conducts 468 Combat Missions, 1354 Terrorist Targets Destroyed
French and U.S. statements on Aleppo victory belie feigned care for the Syrians, says Foreign Ministry
4 February، 2016
Foreign and Expatriates Ministry wondered at the statements of the foreign ministers of France and the US on the Syrian Arab army’s recent victory in Aleppo.
The French and U.S. statements, which imply bewilderment at the army’s victories, are quite odd, an official source at the Ministry said in a statement on Thursday.
The army sealed an important victory on Wednesday by breaking the long time terrorist siege of Nubbul and al-Zahraa towns in the northern countryside of Aleppo province, which followed a series of other previous victories.
The siege, which was imposed by the two terrorist organizations of Jabhat al-Nusra and Ahrar al-Sham among others, lasted for three and a half years, during which the locals showed “an unrelenting resilience and unshakable confidence in victory over the terrorists,” according to the source.
With this victory, over 60,000 Syrians were freed as the “brutal siege” came to an end, said the source.
It highlighted that the French and U.S. foreign ministers’ statements belied their feigned care for the Syrian people.
They have further indicated the close connection between the terrorists and the countries conspiring against Syria that are moving ahead unbridled with their involvement in shedding Syrian blood, said the source.
It also underscored these countries’ continued support to the terrorists and their tools of the mercenary opposition groups through providing them with the political cover to veil their responsibility for the Syrian people’s prolonged suffering.
The source stressed that the Syrian people, hand in hand with the Armed Forces, are now more determined than ever to continue their fight against terrorism.
The Syrian people, the source added, are also committed to serious work to find a political solution to the crisis through dialogue among the Syrians.
Russian Defense Ministry: Turkey planning military invasion in Syria
4 February، 2016
The Russian Defense Ministry warned on Thursday that developments on the Turkish-Syrian border give serious grounds to suspect that Ankara is planning a military invasion in Syria.
RT website quoted Major General Igor Konashenkov, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman as saying that “We have serious grounds to suspect intensive preparations by Turkey for a military invasion on the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic”.
“We are recording more and more signs of concealed preparations by the Turkish military,” he added.
The spokesman recalled that Moscow had previously provided the international community with irrefutable video evidence of Turkish artillery firing on Syrian populated areas north of Lattakia Province.
“We are surprised that the talkative representatives of the Pentagon, NATO and numerous organizations allegedly protecting human rights in Syria, despite our call to respond to these actions, still remain silent after publishing these videos,” he said.
Turkey is trying to conceal its illegal military activity on the border with Syria and has canceled an agreed Russian observation flight over its territory because of that, Konashenkov said.
The earlier agreed observation flight over Turkish territory was canceled on February 3, after Russian experts revealed the route, which would have included airfields and areas near the Turkish-Syrian border.
The violation of the Open Skies Treaty by Ankara won’t go without a proper response from Moscow, he said.
Russia still hasn’t received any data from Turkey concerning the alleged incident with the Russian warplane, which Ankara accused of violating its airspace, Konashenkov said.
“No materials were passed to us by either military or diplomatic channels,” he stressed, pointing out that it is not the first false accusation directed by Ankara to Russian aircrafts in Syria.
The spokesman said that false statements from the Turkish side “once again confirm that the whole story of the alleged violation of Turkish airspace was made up and is a poorly-orchestrated provocation.”
Russian Air Force in cooperation with Syria’s Army air force carried out 237 sorties on 875 terrorist targets
4 February، 2016
A military source said that the Russian Air Force in cooperation with Syria’s Army air force carried out 237 sorties on 875 terrorist targets in Aleppo, Lattakia, Homs, Hama and Deir Ezzor since the beginning of February.
The source explained in a statement of which SANA received a copy that the air force destroyed during the sorties 10 fuel depots and 15 ammunition depots in Hreitan and the area surrounding it in Aleppo countryside.
The sorties destroyed a pumping gas station and two centers for oil extraction and refining used by ISIS terrorist organization in Deir Ezzor countryside, according to the source.
A rocket launch pad and a number of cannons for terrorists were destroyed along with scores of terrorists who were killed in al-Nweiser Mountain in the eastern countryside of Homs.
In the eastern countryside of Lattakia, Air Force carried out sorties against gatherings and fortifications of terrorist organizations during which a training camp for terrorists was destroyed along with three vehicles equipped with heavy machine guns and a number of terrorists who were killed in Majdal al-Kekhiya village 50 kilometers to the north east of Lattakia.
As a result of the heavy losses in personnel and munitions which were inflicted upon terrorists due to army operations in cooperation with the popular defense groups supported by Air Force, the source said that in many northern areas, terrorist organizations evacuated their positions and withdrew the injured terrorists and fled towards Turkey, noting that Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist organization recruit children between 8 and 11 in some areas in Idleb to carry out suicide terrorist operations.
Pointing out lack of seriousness by the alliance led by the United States in war against terrorism, the statement added that the alliance warplanes carried out 22 sorties targeting 16 targets in Aleppo, Homs, Raqqa, Hasaka and Deir Ezzor during the same period.
Russian air force started on September 30th airstrikes against ISIS positions in Syria targeting infrastructure affiliated to it including workshops for making shells and explosive devices, command centers, arms, ammunition and fuel depots and training camps.
General Command: Breaking the Seige on Nubbul and al-Zahra Dealt a Fatal Blow to the Terrorists and their Supporters
Syrian air force destroys terrorists’ command centers and vehicles in Atman, Daraa province
4 February، 2016
The army repels ISIS attack on Deir Ezzor airport, kills 40 terrorists in northern Hama
4 February، 2016
The terrorist organizations are losing many of their members, including 40 Jaish al-Fateh terrorists in Hama, and more of their equipment as the army operations against their positions continue.
The Syrian Air Force carried out during the last 24 hours intensive sorties targeting gatherings and sites of “Jaish al-Fateh” terrorists in the northern countryside of Hama.
The airstrikes hit positions of Jabhat al-Nusra, Fursan al-Haq, Jund al-Aqsa, Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement and Ajnad al-Sham Islamic Union in the villages and towns of Kafr Nabbouda, Mourek, MaaraKba, Lahaya, al-Latamneh, Atshan and Kafr Zita, according to a military source.
A depot containing TOW and Grad rockets in addition to number of vehicles equipped with machine guns were destroyed and at least 40 terrorists were killed in the strikes.
Units of the army destroyed a depot for ISIS to the north-eastern side of al-Tar Mountain and an armored vehicle in Palmyra countryside.
The army units also eliminated gatherings of ISIS terrorists in al-Shandakhya, Habra and in the surroundings of al-Tloul al-Sud in Homs eastern countryside.
A unit of the army foiled a terrorist attack by Jabhat al-Nusra on Harfa village in Damascus south-western countryside.
A field source told SANA that a unit of the army, in cooperation with popular defense group, clashed with a terrorist group that infiltrated from Beit Jin village into the outskirts of Harfa village.
The clashes ended up with the killing of the terrorists while many others escaped.
Army units confronted ISIS terrorists who tried to reach Deir Ezzor military airport’s fence from the direction of Hweijet al-Mrei’iyeh in the eastern countryside of Deir Ezzor province, a source on the ground told SANA.
The army members managed to destroy two vehicles packed with large amounts of explosives which the terrorists used in their attack before they reached the fence.
One of the two car bombs was destroyed amidst a large gathering of terrorists, with all of them getting killed or injured, the source explained.
More ISIS terrorists were killed and their equipment was destroyed as the army hit their positions in the villages of al-Mrei’iyeh, Hweijet al-Mrei’iyeh and surrounding farms and al-Jafra.
The Army restored security and stability to al-Manasher, Cables’ building and a number of other buildings in Atman town in Daraa countryside after killing a huge number of terrorists.
Earlier, an army unit destroyed vehicles, a fortified position and a heavy machinegun for terrorists in Daraa al-Mahatta area in Daraa city.
Members of a terrorist group were killed or injured during an army operation against their site in al-Manshiyeh neighborhood in the city, while a vehicle was destroyed in al-Abbassiyeh neighborhood in Daraa al-Balad area.
The army targeted a gathering of terrorists in the area between the villages of Sama al-Hneidat and al-Mleiha on the border between Daraa and Sweida.
Sources on the ground told SANA that an army unit destroyed with a rocket a launching pad for anti-tank missiles set up on a building in al-Yadouda town in Daraa northwestern countryside.
Two children killed, five others injured in mortar terrorist attacks on Damascus Countryside
4 February، 2016
Damascus Countryside, SANA
Two children were killed and five others were injured in a terrorist attack with mortar shells on Ashrafiet Sahnaiya in Damascus Countryside on Thursday.
A source at Damascus countryside police command said in a statement to SANA that terrorists from the so-called Ajnad al-Sham who are active in Dariyya fired two mortar shells, one of which fell opposite the cement center in al-Jamiyat neighborhood in Ashrafiet Sahnaiya, injuring a girl child aged 4 years and causing material damage to cars and shops in the area.
The second shell targeted Zaid Ben Badran secondary school in the same neighborhood killing two children aged 11 and 12 , while other four children were seriously injured material damage was caused to public and private properties.