TEHRAN (FNA)- The US is attempting to restore its control over Iraq and has hired a number of Iraqi politicians to this end, a senior analyst warned.
“The US is pursuing a new strategy since Iraq’s victory over the ISIL with the aim of political changes in the country and it is coaxing a number of Iraqi politicians into obeying its orders,” Sa’ad al-Ka’abi told the Arabic-language al-Ma’aloumeh news website on Tuesday.
He warned that Washington has chosen these politicians from the Western and Northern provinces to gradually move towards disintegration of Iraq.
Al-Ka’abi also cautioned of the US attempts to return the ISIL terrorist group to Iraq to trigger the speculation that the country is unable to protect its security without the American forces.
Earlier this month, a senior commander of Hashd al-Shaabi (Iraqi popular forces) warned that the ISIL terrorist group had been reinvigorated and activated again in a number of provinces in Iraq.
“The Americans and the ISIL terrorists are repeating the same scenario they played during the collapse of Mosul in 2014, in Babel, Salahuddin and Diyali provinces and they are attempting to distort security and stir instability in those regions,” Qasim al-Ma’amouri, the commander of Hashd al-Shaabi’s Division 26, was quoted by al-Ma’aloumeh as saying.
“We have intelligence showing that the terrorist group has resumed its activities in several Iraqi provinces, including Babel, with the US help,” he added.
Al-Ma’amouri said that the ISIL members have again infiltrated Jorf al-Nasr and Northern Babel.
Expulsion of Foreign Forces Al-Kadhimi’s Priority
TEHRAN (FNA)- A senior member of the Iraqi parliament’s security and defense commission said that the country’s Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi has specified expulsion of foreign forces as a priority in his agenda.
“Expulsion of foreign forces from Iraq and implementation of the parliament’s approval in this regard is a priority of Mustafa al-Kadhimi’s government,” Kate’e al-Rakabi was quoted by the Arabic-language al-Ma’aloumeh news website as saying on Tuesday.
He added that al-Kadhimi has devised a scheduled plan for the foreign forces’ withdrawal from Iraq, whose details will be announced later.
The Iraqi parliament called on the government in January to work to end all foreign troops presence as a backlash grew after the assassination of a top Iranian military commander and an Iraqi resistance leader in a US strike in Baghdad.
A resolution passed by a special session of parliament said the government should cancel its request for assistance from a US-led coalition.
Another member of the Iraqi parliament’s security and defense commission warned in February that the US plot to prolong the presence of its soldiers in the country under the cover of NATO is against the legislative body’s approval which calls for withdrawal of all foreign forces.
“The parliament will stand against any agreement or negotiations between Baghdad and the US on delivering the US forces’ mission to the NATO and such approaches and agreements with the US are against the bill approved by the Iraqi lawmakers about the expulsion of foreign military forces from the country,” Karim al-Mahmadawi told al-Ma’aloumeh at the time.
He added that the parliament’s approval is crystal clear and underlines the necessity for withdrawal of all foreign forces, noting that there is no need to other agreements.
Mahmadawi said that there is no need to the presence of 5,000 US forces in Iraq as claimed by Washington for training purposes.