7 March، 2019
Army units retaliated to terrorists’ breaches of the agreement of the de-escalation zone and targeted hideouts of Jabhat al-Nusra terrorists in the southeastern countryside of Idelb.
SANA reporter said that the army units launched missiles targeting positions of Jabhat al-Nusra terrorists and groups affiliated to it in the countryside of Idelb in vicinity of Saraqeb town.
Many terrorists were killed and others got injured during the military operation, according to the reporter.
Army Foils Terrorists’ Massive Attacks on Hama, Idlib
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian Army’s missile and artillery units pounded the gatherings of Tahrir al-Sham al-Hay’at (the Levant Liberation Board or the Al-Nusra Front) and Ajnad al-Qafqaz terrorists in Southeastern Idlib and along Tavil al-Halib and al-Katibeh al-Mahjoureh near the regions under the control of the Turkish army.
The terrorist groups were preparing to launch massive attacks from several directions on the Syrian Army, but the Syrian Army inflicted heavy losses and casualties on the militants after foiling their attempted attack and forcing the remaining terrorists to retreat to the depth of the regions under their control in Southern and Southeastern Idlib.
In Northern Hama, the Syrian Army units also targeted the terrorists’ movements near the town of Mourek, killing a number of militants and making the rest retreat.
The Syrian Army troops also targeted and destroyed the positions and hideouts of terrorists in al-Karjat and Qaleh al-Maziq areas of Sahl al-Ghab, killing all the militants inside their hideout.
The Arabic-language service of the Russian Sputnik news agency, meantime, pointed to the attacks by Tahrir al-Sham and their allies on Northern Hama and Southern Idlib from the Ankara-backed monitoring points, and said that Ankara supports these terrorist groups in terms of supplying weapons and military equipment.
Also in the past 24 hours, the Syrian army heavily pounded the terrorists’ military positions in Hama countryside, destroying militants’ vehicle, in response to their continued attacks on government forces.
The Syrian Army’s military operation came in response to the terrorists’ offensives and repeated violations of the agreement on the de-escalation zone in the Northern countryside of Hama.
The terrorists sustained heavy losses and casualties in the Syrian Army attacks on their movements and positions.
The Syrian Army troops, meantime, destroyed a military vehicle carrying a group of terrorists in al-Latamaneh town in Northern Hama, killing all militants on board.
The terrorists’ military positions also came under heavy attacks of the Syrian Army in the town of Mourek, killing a number of terrorists and foiling an attack by another terrorist group from Sakik hill and Sakik region.
Over 2,000 ISIL militants left their last base in Eastern Euphrates with the help of the US-led coalition and Syrian Democratic Forces as Washington and the SDF are planning to declare the end of the ISIL in Eastern Euphrates, media reports said on Wednesday.
“More than two thousands ISIL terrorists who were stationed in al-Baqouz town in Eastern Euphrates near Syria’s borders with Iraq surrendered to the SDF on Monday after they were given a safe corridor,” the Kurdish-language Bas News website reported.
Sources reported that a sum of 3,140 ISIL militants and their families left the last areas under their control in Eastern Euphrates.
The pro-militant Baldi news website also pointed to the presence of about 1,000 ISIL terrorists in Baqouz, and said that the surrendered ISIL militants will be transferred to the US-controlled Omar Oil Region.
Meantime, sources close to the SDF said they will impose full control over the town of Baqouz to declare the end of ISIL in Eastern Euphrates in coming days.
- New US-led Collation Aggression on Deir Ezzor Claims Many Civilian Lives
- Coalition Used Banned White Phosphorus in Strike on Syria’s Bagouz
- In the Last 24 Hours: Army Destroys Jabhat al-Nusra’s Positions in Idelb
- Russian and Syrian Joint Coordination Headquarters Report on Plight of Syrians Illegally Seized by the US-controlled Armed Gangs in Rukban Camp
- Zakharova Stresses Need to Eliminate Terrorism in Idleb
- Syria Rejects Conclusions of OPCW Fact-finding Mission Report on Douma
- Russia Ready for Dialogue With All Parties on Rukban Camp
- Tireless Governmental Efforts to Facilitate Return of All Displaced, Washington Exploits Their Suffering
- Syrian, Russian Joint Emergency Statement on Rukban Camp
- US, Allied Militants Help Thousands of ISIL Terrorists Out of Eastern Euphrates
- Army Destroys Terrorists’ Hideouts in Countryside of Hama
- Platforms of Aggression on Syria…..Same Mastermind
- Moscow Concerned Over OPCW Ignoring of Facts Confirming Douma Attack was Staged
- Russian Defence Ministry Statements on the Situation in al-Rukban Refugee Camp
- Army Foils Terrorists Infiltration Attempt in Hama Northern Countryside, Destroys Their Dens in Idleb Countryside
- Tightening the Noose Around the Neck of the Community that Supports Hezbollah
- US Refuses to Guarantee Security for Aid Convoys Sent to Rukban Camp
- AIPU: Stop All Forms of Normalization with Israeli Occupation Entity
- Syrian Army Prepare for Operations in Badiyeh of Homs, Terrorists Prevent Civilians’ Evacuation from Al-Rukban
- Army Destroys Dens of “Al-Ezza Battalions” in Hama