Syrian Army Prepare for Operations in Badiyeh of Homs, Terrorists Prevent Civilians’ Evacuation from Al-Rukban

TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian army is preparing to launch military operations against the remnants of the ISIL terrorists in the Eastern Badiyeh of Homs as reports said that the US-supported militants block civilian exit from al-Rukban camp in the occupied al-Tanf region at the border with Iraq.

The Arabic-language al-Watan newspaper reported on Monday that the Syrian army is preparing for purging operations against the ISIL in Badiyeh of al-Sukhneh in Eastern Homs between the two regions of Hamimeh and Station 3 as well as the Southeastern parts of Badiyeh al-Sukhneh.

It added that the Syrian army’s air unit has pounded the ISIL’s mobile targets near Waze’e dam and the border between Homs and Deir Ezzur in Eastern Badiyeh of Homs, leaving heavy damage on the militants.

The newspaper quoted special sources as saying that the terrorists stationed in al-Tanf region at the border with Iraq have prevented evacuation of civilians from al-Rukban camp, upon the American forces’ order, blocking any efforts by the Syrian government to return them to their homes or sending humanitarian aid to the region.

The head of the Russian Defense Ministry’s Center for Reconciliation of Opposing Sides in Syria, Col. Gen. Viktor Kupchishin, said earlier that Washington has refused to provide security guarantees for humanitarian convoy movements within the 55-kilometer (34-mile) zone around the US military base in Syria’s al-Tanf.

Kupchishin noted that on Friday, Russia and Syria sent humanitarian bus convoys to the Rukban camp, located within the US-controlled territory in al-Tanf, to evacuate refugees.

He stressed that the Syrian government guaranteed security for the internally-displaced persons living in Rukban.

“The US side refuses to provide security guarantees for humanitarian convoys’ movement within the 55-kilometer zone around the US base in al-Tanf,” Kupchishin said.