TEHRAN (FNA)- Hundreds of ISIL terrorists and their family members moved out of the Eastern Euphrates region on tens of trucks of the US-led coalition after a secret agreement between the two sides.
26 covered trucks carrying 180 ISIL militants and their family members with a total of 2,000 left the farms between Baqouz region and the Eastern banks of the Euphrates for an unknown destination on Wednesday.
2 ISIL emirs, one of them Egyptian, were also among the ISIL terrorists leaving Baqouz region, and there are over 200 ISIL militants with Iraqi, Syrian, Asian and European nationalities who are still in tunnels of Baqouz farms.
40 fully-covered trucks with Iraqi Erbil’s plate numbers belonging to the US-led coalition and some Iraqi Army military vehicles left Syria for Iraq.
The US army troops and their allied militants once again blocked the exit of the besieged civilians from a camp in al-Tanf region near Syria’s borders with Iraq, media sources said.
“Terrorists stationed in al-Tanf region, including Maghavir al-Thura on different pretexts prevented the civilians residing in al-Rakban Camp of al-Tanf region near the border with Iraq from moving towards areas under the control of the Syrian Army via two humanitarian corridors opened by Syria and Russia,” the Arabic-language al-Watan newspaper quoted informed sources as saying.
The daily pointed to the fact that most of the camp’s residents have called for leaving the al-Tanf region for their regions and towns, and said, “The terrorists have threatened they will increase pressures on civilians and will allow relocation of civilians to Northern Syria and not the areas under the control of the Syria Army.”
The report blamed the US for incarceration of civilians in al-Rakban Camp, saying that the terrorists cannot make decisions independent from the US.
Meantime, a battlefield source in Homs Province’s Peace Committee reported that 130 militants have laid down their arms in several districts of Homs city and its outskirts in return for amnesty.
The report comes as tens of civilians left areas under the US Army’s control in Al-Tanf region as two human corridors had been opened in the region.
Two human corridors were opened in the towns of Jalighim and Jbal al-Gharab after coordination between Russia and Syria for the exit of Syrian citizens stationed in al-Rakban Camp in al-Tanf region in Eastern Homs and near the border with Iraq.
The Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) conducted a military operation against Turkish Army and its allied militants in the surrounding areas of Manbij city in Northeastern Aleppo, killing a number of the Ankara-backed militants and that country’s soldiers in Afrin region, Kurdish-language media reports said.
Hawar News reported that clashes intensified between members of Al-Bab Military Council affiliated to the SDF and Ankara-backed Euphrates Shield militants in Qart-Viran, Karhiuk and Kavkoli regions West of Manbij city and East of al-Bab city.
It said that the clashes broke out after the Ankara-backed terrorists’ artillery units pounded the SDF-controlled areas in the region.
Hawar News reiterated that sporadic clashes still continue between the two sides in Afrin region in Northwestern Aleppo.
It said that at least three Ankara-backed militants were killed and five others were severely wounded in a battle between the two sides in a region between Basouteh and Karzileh villages in Afrin region.
Meantime, a Turkish soldier was killed and two others were wounded in a roadside bomb attack in Balbaleh region in Aleppo province.
The Syrian Army is nearly ready to use the Russian-manufactured S-300 air defense system, a military source in Damascus told Al-Masdar News on Thursday.
Speaking to AMN on the condition of anonymity, the source said that the Syrian military’s air defense units are nearly finished with their training on the S-300 system.
Per the source, the Syrian military should be fully ready to use the S-300 system over the next few weeks, as they have nearly completed all of their training exercises with the Russian armed forces.
He would add the S-300 launchers are ready to begin service, but the holdup is the training courses the air defense units are currently going through in Western Syria.
Army targets terrorists’ command centers in Idleb
22 February، 2019
Units of the Syrian Arab Army on Friday responded to terrorist organizations’ breaches of the de-escalation zone agreement by targeting their positions with intensive strikes in the southeastern countryside of Idleb.
SANA reporter said that the army units launched a barrage of rockets on dens, ammunition caches and command centers for Jabhat al-Nusra and groups affiliated to it on the eastern outskirts of Saraqeb city in Idleb southern countryside.
Several dens and command centers were destroyed as the result of the army strikes, while a number of terrorists were killed or injured and their weapons and vehicles destroyed, the reporter added.
- Over 220,000 Syrian Refugees Return Home with Support of Russian Military
- Bouthaina Shaaban: Erdogan Trying to Bring Muslim Brotherhood to Power in Syria
- Europe Pays the Price of a US Decision: Where Will European ISIS Go?
- Al-Jaafari: Colonialism in the World Must Come to an End
- Army Expands Operations Against Terrorists in Idleb, Destroys Their Positions in Hama
- Iran Penetrates US Command Center in Syria
- Russia’s Hypersonic Missiles May Reach US Command Centers Within 5 Minutes
- Iraqi Security Expert: US Training ISIL in Western Iraq
- UK Admits to Repatriating 100 Members of the “White Helmets” Terrorist Organization
- Hezbollah: US Has 31 Military Bases, 34,000 Soldiers in Iraq
- Lavrov, Shaaban Discuss Latest Developments in Syria
- Netanyahu Insists on Involving Israel in War: What is Moscow’s Position?
- Shaaban: The World Began to Realize the Scale of Disinformation Against Syria
- US-Led Coalition Trucks Transfer Daesh Out of Eastern Syria
- First Group of Civilians Exit US-Controlled Al-Tanf Region as Humanitarian Corridor Opens
- New Russian Weapons Guarantee Security Without Increasing Costs and Involvement in the Arms Race
- Shaaban: Syria’s War on Terrorism Continues
- Citizens Raise Syrian Flag Across Raqqa City
- Corridors for Refugees from Rukban Camp Are Open