TEHRAN (FNA)- The Damascus Army prepared for an upcoming military operation in Eastern Lattakia as violence by Tahrir al-Sham al-Hay’at (the Levant Liberation Board or the Al-Nusra Front) has heightened in the region.
“The Syrian Army units stationed in the heights of Eastern Lattakia were waiting for a final order to kick off the assault on the Islamic Turkistani Party terrorist group in the Western battlefronts of Idlib,” the Arabic-language service of the Russian Sputnik news agency quoted a Syrian Army commander as saying.
Meantime, the Syrian army continued its military advances in other parts of Syria over the past 24 hours.
Tens of terrorists were killed and dozens more were injured during the Syrian army’s operations in provinces across Syria.
The Syrian Army troops have prepared for an upcoming military operation in Eastern Lattakia as violence by Tahrir al-Sham al-Hay’at has heightened in the region, media sources said.
“The Syrian Army units stationed in the heights of Eastern Lattakia are waiting for a final order to kick off the assault on the Islamic Turkistani Party terrorist group in the Western battlefronts of Idlib,” the Arabic-language service of the Russian Sputnik news agency quoted a Syrian Army commander as saying.
The source pointed to the dispatch of massive military equipment to Eastern Lattakia and reinforcing the Syrian Army’s military positions there which is one of the most important battlefronts of Idlib, and said, “The Syrian Army troops are at the highest level of their military preparedness to conduct the operations.”
The Lattakia battlefront is stretched in parallel to the fronts in Hama and Idlib from Sahl al-Ghab to the town of Kabani which is the main gate to the positions of Tahrir al-Sham in Badama and Najieh town as well as Jisr al-Shoghour as main center of Turkistani and Central Asian militants.
Other Syrian Army artillery and missile units pounded Tahrir al-Sham’s military positions in the outskirts of town of Talmans, killing a large number of militants and destroying their military equipment.
The Syrian Army attacks came in response to Tahrir al-Sham’s attacks on the government forces’ positions in Southern Idlib.
In Northern Hama, Syrian Army’s artillery units targeted and destroyed the terrorists’ military positions in Tal-e al-Sayyad, destroying several of their hideouts and military positions.
Tens of the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces defected the SDF ranks and joined the Syrian Army while 100 others have received government amnesty in the last two days.
“Over 40 SDF forces have defected in Raqqa and joined the Syrian Army after laying down their arms in al-Tabaqa in Western Raqqa,” the Arabic-language service of the Russian Sputnik News Agency reported.
It noted that over 100 youth in Raqqa have also received amnesty after leaving the SDF-controlled areas for government-held territories.
In a relevant development on Friday, the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) prevented civilians from leaving the US-held regions for areas under the control of the Syrian army.
The SDF’s move came after thousands of Syrian citizens fled the US-controlled areas for the regions under the control of the US-backed forces, media activists announced.
They said that the SDF forces have fully closed the passageways of al-Salehieh in Eastern Deir Ezzur and al-Tabaqa in Western Raqqa to the civilians.
The media activists reiterated that the SDF’s move came after a large number of civilians and the defected members of SDF started moving towards areas controlled by the Syrian Army.
They said that over 2,000 civilians have been transferred to army-controlled regions from Eastern Syria while hundreds of defected SDF members have also asked for government amnesty.
Army destroys terrorists’ dens and fortified positions in Hama northern countryside
10 February، 2019
Army units carried out precise operations against terrorists’ positions and infiltration directions towards military posts positioned in the surroundings of the safe villages and towns in the northwestern countryside of Hama city.
SANA’s reporter said that army units positioned to the northwest of Hama conducted concentrated bombardments against hotbeds and positions of the so-called “Turkistani Party” terrorists after tracking their attempt to infiltrate towards safe areas in al-Sirmanyiah village on the administrative borders with Idleb.
The reporter added that a number of the terrorists’ fortified positions and shells launchers were destroyed in the bombardments, in addition to killing and injuring scores of them.
The reporter indicated that army units destroyed dens and fortifications of the terrorist groups on the outskirts of al-Ghab Plain in Hama northwestern countryside in retaliation to their breaches and attacks with shells on the safe areas.
On Saturday, army units killed scores of terrorists in the surrounding of al-Madiq Castle town in Hama northern countryside and destroyed their positions and vehicles in Baboulin village at al-Zawiya Mountain in Idleb Countryside.
- US Agrees on ISIL Relocation from Eastern Euphrates
- US Troops Hinder Humanitarian Aid Access, Refugees in al-Rukban Camp Living in Miserable Conditions
- US Reinforcing Troops Buildup at Iraq’s Border with Syria’s al-Tanf
- Tens of US-Backed SDF Forces Surrender to Syrian Army in Raqqa
- Army Targets Terrorists’ Position with Missiles in Idleb
- Three Civilians Killed in US-led Coalition Airstrikes on Deir Ezzor
- People of Raqqa Reiterate Calls for US and French Occupation Forces to Leave Syria
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Maria Zakharova’s Remarks on the Situation in Syria
- Russia Insists US Forces Withdraw from Rukban Refugee Camp
- Rallies Held in Syria Against Aid Deliveries Blockage by Syrian Democratic Forces
- Iraq: Daesh Reviving Operations in Areas Under US Occupation
- US-Backed SDF Blocks Civilians’ Move Towards Army-Controlled Regions
- General Mohammad Abbas: US is Setting the Stage for the Rise of New Terrorist Groups in the Region
- In the Last 24 Hours: Army Engages in Fierce Clashes with Daesh in Eastern Syria
- Hashd Al-Shaabi Targets Daesh Bases in Eastern Syria
- Hashd Al-Shaabi Commander: US Plans to Approach Iranian Borders in Cooperation with Daesh
- US Troop Count in Syria Jumps by 50 Percent Since Trump’s “Withdrawal” Announcement
- Over 46,000 Refugees Return to Syria Since the Beginning of 2019
- Russia Calls Upon the US to Withdraw Troops from al-Tanf Area