TEHRAN (FNA)- The Ankara-backed National Liberation Front (NLF) has started preparing its gunmen to counter any possible attack by the Syrian Army troops in the Northern part of the country amid other terrorists’ provocative measures in the demilitarized zone in Idlib, Hama, Aleppo and Lattakia provinces, militant-affiliated sources reported on Wednesday.
The sources disclosed that NLF Spokesman Naji Mustafa has urged the group’s fighters to be on alert to counter the army’s possible operation in Northern Syria.
In the meantime, military sources said that that the army has forwarded a large number of forces and military equipment from the newly-freed regions in Southern Syria to Jabal al-Turkmen and the Northern part of al-Ghaab Plain.
Also, more army units have left their bases in Southern Raqqa and Eastern Aleppo for contact lines with terrorists in Southern Aleppo, the sources said, adding that the army’s Tiger Forces and the 5th Division that ended their mission in Sweida Desert have been forwarded to al-Ghaab Plain, Northern Hama and Abu al-Dhohour in Southeastern Idlib.
The terrorists’ refusal to implement the Sochi Agreement to establish a demilitarized zone is pushing the army to initiate its long-waited assault on militants in Idlib that had been put on hold due to the Sochi Agreement.
Colonel Mar’ei Hamdan, a Syrian military expert, was quoted by the Arabic-language website of Sputnik news agency as saying last month that Tahrir al-Sham is in control of nearly 70% of towns and villages in Idlib province and makes provocative moves against the Syrian army, adding that the army’s commitment to decrease tensions is not lasting forever.
He added that the Syrian army has so far repelled all attacks by terrorists against its positions and inflicted heavy damages on them, noting that the army is now necessitated to come out of the defensive mood to retake control of Idlib.
Hamdan said that Tahrir al-Sham will resort to a full-scale military operation against the Syrian and Russian armies soon, after rejecting the Sochi agreement last October, which leaves no room for ceasefire or disarmament anymore, and underlined that the Syrian army’s battle against Tahrir al-Sham is inevitable.
Meantime, the Turkey-backed Ahrar al-Sham and National Liberation Front (NLF) terrorist groups has also dismissed the Russian-Turkish Sochi agreement and is preparing for military operations against the army in Northern Syria, calling for a coalition with Tahrir al-Sham.
Tahrir al-Sham and other allied terrorist groups have not left the demilitarized zone two months after the Sochi agreement and have instead reinvigorated their strongholds and targeted the army positions every day.
Relevant reports said that the Turkey-backed NLF had put its gunmen on alert to launch a heavy offensive against the Syrian army in the demilitarized zone in Idlib province.