TEHRAN (FNA)- Syrian Defense Minister General ‘Ali ‘Abdullah Ayoub, in a speech at the 15th session of the People’s Assembly, addressed the current situation around Idlib and other regions outside of the government’s control.
General Ayoub told the audience that Idlib province will return to the state regardless of attempts by Turkey and the US to keep the province out of Damascus’ control, massdar news reported.
The Minister said that the armed groups in Idlib will either reconcile with the state or face military action.
General Ayoub would then turn his attention to the US’ presence in Syria, which he called an ‘occupation’ and “violation of international law.”
He added the US has been losing in Syria since the military retook most areas in Aleppo, Deir Ezzur, Eastern Ghouta, rural Damascus, Dara’a, Hama and Quneitra.
Army, Militants Engage in Heavy Clashes in Demilitarized Zone
TEHRAN (FNA)- The terrorist groups stationed in the weapons-free zone in Syria intensified their offensives against the army-controlled regions in Idlib province which resulted in the Syrian army’s heavy clashes with them.
Tahrir al-Sham (the Levant Liberation Board or the Al-Nusra Front) launched over 40 missile strikes against the residential areas in Idlib province, including al-Khalediyeh, al-A’azamiyeh, al-Akramiyeh, al-Shahba, Seif al-Doleh, New Aleppo, al-Mothalaq and Shar’e al-Nil, as well as the army positions, killing and wounding several civilians.
Meantime, the Syrian army continued its military advances in other parts of Syria over the past 24 hours.
Tens of terrorists were killed and dozens more were injured during the Syrian army’s operations in provinces across Syria.
The terrorist groups stationed in the weapons-free zone in Syria have intensified their offensives against the army-controlled regions, media sources reported, adding that the Syrian army has engaged in heavy clashes with them.
The Arabic-language website of Sputnik reported that Tahrir al-Sham launched over 40 missile strikes against the residential areas in Idlib province, including al-Khalediyeh, al-A’azamiyeh, al-Akramiyeh, al-Shahba, Seif al-Doleh, New Aleppo, al-Mothalaq and Shar’e al-Nil, as well as the army positions, killing and wounding several civilians.
It added that the Syrian army’s missile and artillery units responded to the attacks by targeting the terrorists’ positions in Western Aleppo, noting that heavy clashes are underway between the Syrian army forces and Tahrir al-Sham militants near Jamiyat al-Zahra region in Northwestern Aleppo.
Meantime, field sources reported that the terrorists in Western Aleppo have reinvigorated their positions in the region in the past few days and sent a large number of heavy weapons and military equipment to this front.
The US-led coalition’s fighter jets attacked the third mosque in Eastern Deir Ezzur, killing and wounding tens of civilians.
Local sources in Deir Ezzur reported that the US warplanes pounded a mosque in the town of Hajin in Eastern Deir Ezzur.
They added that early reports showed that at least 7 civilians were killed and dozens of others were severely injured in the attack.
The US-led coalition has killed at least 70 civilians in 4 attacks in al-Souseh and Hajin and airstrikes against 3 mosques in Deir Ezzur in the past few days.
Another US-backed Kurdish commander was killed in Hasaka as tensions between civilians and the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) sorely increased in Eastern Syria.
Local sources in Northern Hasaka reported that one of the SDF commanders, namely Houkar Bakdash, was assassinated by unknown gunmen in the town of Qamishli.
They referred to the increased attacks by unknown assailants against the SDF in Northern Hasaka, saying that recently more than 18 Kurdish forces, including commanders, were assassinated.
Meantime, reports said that the Kurdish forces seized all medical centers and clinics in al-Nashweh, Qawiran, Tal Hajar and al-Naserah districts in Hasaka and expelled all their staff.
Also, media activists said that the Kurdish forces still continue closure of schools which use government curriculum, adding that civilians are strongly furious about their measures in Hasaka.
Tensions have recently heightened in Hasaka province after the SDF launched forced recruitment among civilians.
Infighting among the Turkey-backed terrorists on looting the properties of civilians in Afrin still continues, local sources said, adding that a terrorist commander was killed in such clashes.
The sources in Northwestern Aleppo reported on Wednesday that two groups of Faylaq al-Sham terrorists, affiliated to Ankara, engaged in heavy clashes over the olive products of the civilians in Afrin, adding that a number of militants, including one of the commanders of Faylaq al-Sham, namely Nayef Alavin, was killed in infighting.
Media activists in Afrin reported that the Ankara-backed terrorists prevent civilians from sending their olive products to other Syrian towns to force the farmers to sell them at lower prices to be dispatched to Turkey.
- Statement by Dr. Bashar Al-Jaafari: UN Security Council Briefing on the Constitutional Commission
- Erdogan Issues ‘Final Warning’ on Syria: “We Will Eliminate Threat Towards Turkey”
- Daesh Families Want Repatriation of 16 Canadians From Syria
- White Helmets Move Unknown Toxic Substances Across Idlib
- Moscow Considers US Actions in Syria ‘Occupation’
- Defense Minister: Armed Forces Always Ready to Shoulder Responsibility in Restoring Safety and Stability to Syria
- US Reconnaissance Plane Operated Drones that Attacked Hmeymim Base
- Russian Defense Ministry: Effective Fight Against Terrorists Requires Blocking Supply Channels
- Al-Moallem to de Mistura: Constitution is Sovereign Affair Decided by the Syrian People
- Civilian Casualties in Repeated Aggression by US-led Coalition on Al-Sosa in Deir Ezzor
- UN Association of Syria Calls for Assisting Syria in Eradicating Terrorism
- In the Last 24 Hours: Army Preparing for Idlib Operation as Terrorists Refuse to Leave Demilitarized Zone
- Western Media Attacks Critics of the White Helmets
- Over 350 Syrians Leave Idlib De-escalation Zone in 24 Hours
- Renewed Popular Uprising Against Israel in Syria’s Occupied Golan
- Remains of More US Victims Found in Raqqa
- In the Last 24 Hours: Syrian Air Force Target Daesh in Eastern Homs
- Al-Moallem: Syrian Government Pays Great Attention to the Return of Refugees and Displaced
- US Presence in Syria’s al-Tanf is Aimed Against Iran
- Russia Establishing Airbase in Central Syria
- US Not Ready for Cooperation on Syria with Russia
- Colonel Hamdan: US Behind Terrorists’ Violation of Idlib Agreement
- Jabhat al-Nusra Terrorists Transfer Chlorine and Sarin from Maaret Masrin to Jisr al-Shughour in Idleb
- Syria Condemns French FM Statement on What it Described as the Anniversary of Raqqa’s Liberation