Syrian army make advance in depth of Sweida Badiyah
8 August، 2018
Syrian army units, in cooperation with backup forces, managed to advance more in the southern province of Sweida, canvassing large areas after cleansing them from Daesh (ISIS) terrorists.
SANA reporter stated that military operations continued as the army advanced 27 km in the depth of Sweida’s Badiyah and captured strategic areas and hills such as Tel Salim, the hills of al-Zallaqiyat, al-Rassiy’ei Well and al-Hardhiyeh Well and Tel Attaf cutting off terrorists’ supply routes.
Other army’s engineering units dismantled landmines and explosive devices which terrorist groups left them behind, meantime, Syrian artillery and warplanes targeted terrorists’ gatherings, hideouts and fortifications in al-Badiyah, inflicting heavy losses upon them in personnel and equipment.
Field sources underlined the importance of the advances made by the army in securing villages in the eastern countryside of Sweida.
Authorities discover western and Israeli-made weapons in Homs countryside
8 August، 2018
While canvasing al-Houla area in Homs’ northern countryside, authorities on Wednesday discovered various types of weapons and ammunition left behind by terrorists.
SANA reporter said that the authorities discovered a weapons and ammunition depot left behind by terrorists. The weapons found there include PKC and 14.5mm machineguns, western-made FAL sniper rifles, assault rifles, and Israeli-made grenades, in addition large amounts of different kinds of ammunition.
Later, SANA’s reporter said that army units uncovered amounts of weapons and ammunition from terrorists’ remnants in al-Hara town in Daraa countryside, including machineguns, RPG rounds, SUV-mounted machineguns and communication devices.
Two “White Helmets” weaponry caches discovered in Daraa
8 August، 2018
Large amounts of weapons and ammunition, some of which are US and Israeli made, were discovered on Wednesday during the sweeping operations in al-Hara town in Daraa northwestern countryside.
An officer told SANA that members of competent authorities, based on accurate intelligence in cooperation with the locals, found two caches for terrorist organizations in al-Hara town and the area surrounding it about 8 to 12 meters under the ground which were used by terrorists to hide weapons and ammunition.
The seized weapons included: ammunition for automatic rifles and machine guns, tank shells, RPG launchers with their fillings, grenades, mines, 23mm anti-aircraft machineguns and anti-tank missiles manufactured in US and Israel.
One of the caches included munitions for the so called “White Helmets”, including gas masks, protective clothes and modern communication devices.
- Army Sweeps the Desert in Eastern Sweida to Exterminate ISIS Remnants
- Al-Jaafari: Syrian State Supports Return of All Displaced Syrians to their Homeland
- Assassination of Prominent Syrian Figures: Blatant Attempt to Undermine Syria
- Syria in the Last 24 Hours: National Flag Raised in Ghadir al-Bostan in Quneitra
- Syria Strongly Condemns Attempt on Venezuelan President’s Life
- Russia is Expanding its Control Over More Syrian Territory
- Syria in the Last 24 Hours: Army Targets Daesh in Sweida Desert
- Tal al-Ashari: Witness to Terrorist Acts Against Syrian Civilization
- In the Last 24 Hours: More US, Israeli Weapons Found in Terrorists’ Positions in Southwestern Syria
- US Sends More Troops, Equipment for Allied Militias in Northeastern Syria