Mass Grave Discovered in Syria’s Douma
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian Army troops found a mass grave while carrying out mop-up operation in the town of Douma in Eastern Ghouta on Wednesday that contains the bodies of tens of people believed to have been executed by the terrorists of Jeish al-Islam.
The army discovered the mass grave of Jeish al-Islam’s victims South of al-Jala Garden in Douma, where 30 bodies had been buried.
In the meantime, the army men found a large workshop of Jeish al-Islam in Douma that was used for making mortar shells.
Syria’s state-run news network reported on Tuesday that the army men found a series of documents in the house of Jeish al-Islam’s commander in Eastern Ghouta that proved the terrorist group was working on making chemical weapons.
It further said that other units of the army men discovered a workshop in Jeish al-Islam’s security zone in the town of Douma, adding that the terrorist group was manufacturing different weapons in the workshop.
The army men found two sets of machinery that they say were used by the terrorists to make chemical weapons, the network added.
In the meantime, a field source reported that the army soldiers seized al large number of missiles, including Grade missiles, at the base of Jeish al-Islam’s missile Brigade in Eastern Ghouta.
The army also found a long network of tunnels that connects Douma neighborhoods to its outskirts.
Army Finds Traces of White Helmets, Saudis in Terrorists’ Chemical Sites in Eastern Ghouta
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian Army troops have found uniforms of members of the White Helmets Organization and several license plates registered in Saudi Arabia in terrorists’ chemical workshops in Eastern Ghouta region, media reports disclosed on Wednesday.
The Arabic-language website of Sputnik reported that the army men have discovered the White Helmets’ uniforms and gas-protected masks in terrorists’ chemical bomb-making laboratories in Eastern Ghouta.
Also, an army unit that was carrying out mop-up operation in Douma found a large volume of chemicals and several Saudi-registered license plates.
A military source said that the army is now in possession of reliable evidence to prove the accusations by the western states that the army has conducted a chemical attack in Eastern Ghouta were sheer lies.
The US, France and the UK launched a series of strikes on Syria on Saturday in retaliation for the alleged chemical attack by the Syrian government in the town of Douma. The assault came hours before the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) team was scheduled to arrive in Douma to determine whether chemical weapons had indeed been used there.
According to the Russian Defense Ministry, the missile strike against Syria’s military and civilian infrastructures was carried out by US warplanes and naval ships in cooperation with the British and French air forces, while the Syrian air defenses shot down 71 out of 103 missiles fired by the US-led coalition.
Popular Uprising against Tahrir Al-Sham Reported in Northwestern Syria
TEHRAN (FNA)- People in a region in Southern Idlib engaged in heavy fighting with Tahrir al-Sham Hay’at (the Levant Liberation Board or the Al-Nusra Front) on Wednesday after the terrorist group arrested several locals.
Tens of people in the village of Kafr Sajna in Southern Idlib demonstrated against Tahrir al-Sham and cut off the roads to the village after the terrorist group stormed their village.
Tahrir al-Sham stormed Kafr Sajna and detained several villagers on charges of affiliation to Syria’s Tahrir front that ended in eruption of clashes between the residents and Tahrir al-Sham terrorists.
Field sources reported earlier today that more that 100 militants have been killed in clashes between Tahrir al-Sham Hay’at (the Levant Liberation Board or the Al-Nusra Front) and Syria’s Tahrir Front in Aleppo and Idlib provinces in recent days.
The sources said that Tahrir al-Sham and Syria’s Tahrir Front continued their clashes in the villages of Ajel and al-Sa’adiyeh in Western Aleppo.
In the meantime, the two rival terrorist groups exchanged heavy fire near Tal Aas and its nearby regions in Southern Idlib, the sources added.
Heavy infighting among terrorists in Southern Idlib has cut off a road connecting Khan Sheikhoun and al-Habit regions, the sources went on to say.
They further said that over 100 gunmen have been killed and tens of others wounded in clashes among militants in the province of Aleppo and Idlib since Sunday.
“Jaish al-Islam” terrorists in al-Dmair continue to hand over weapons prior to leaving for Jarablos
18 April، 2018
Damascus Countryside, SANA
“Jaish al-Islam” terrorists in al-Dmair town in al-Qalamoun area in Damascus Countryside on Wednesday continued to hand over their heavy and medium weapons as part of the agreement reached with the Syrian state.
The agreement, which was reached on Tuesday, stipulates for the terrorists to leave the town to Jarablos and resolving the status of those who wish to remain, afte
r handing over their weapons.
An officer in the Syrian Arab army told SANA that the terrorists handed over 6 machinegun-equipped vehicles, two 32mm machineguns, two anti –craft missiles, two 14.5 machineguns, some individual and light weapons including rifles, PKC machineguns, FAL sniper rifles, medium pieces such as Dushka installed on ground positions, RPGs launchers, 82 and 60 mortar launchers, as well as various communication devices.
SANA’s correspondent said that the number of terrorists that will leave al-Dmair is around 1,500 and their families, making the total number around 5000.
The correspondent added that Syrian Arab Army units will enter the town after the terrorists leave to demine it.
The agreement came four days after the evacuation of the last batch of Jaish al-Islam terrorists from Douma city to Jarablos. The Internal Security Forces entered the city to enhance security and stability inside the city.
Shaza/Manal
Al-Nusra Positions in Idlib Province Destroyed in Syrian Armed Forces’ Attacks
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian Army and Air Force pounded the strongholds of Al-Nusra Front (also known as Fatah al-Sham Front or the Levant Liberation Board) in Southern and Eastern Idlib, destroying several bases of terrorists on Wednesday.
The army’s artillery and missile units opened heavy fire at the Al-Nusra’s positions and movements in the village of Qatra near al-Nu’aman and also in Um Jalal region in Southeastern Idlib, inflicting major losses on the militants.
The army aircraft also conducted a heavy bombing on the strongholds of Tahrir al-Sham and other terrorist groups in Ma’ar Zita and Ma’ar Harma in Southern Idlib.
Local sources reported that several command posts and vital positions of terrorists were destroyed and a number of militants were killed or wounded in the attacks.
In a relevant development earlier this month the Russian and Syrian warplanes carried out several rounds of combat flights over the positions and movements of Tahrir al-Sham in Jisr al-Shughour, Ariha, Jabal al-Zawiyeh, Jabal al-Araba’een, al-Sukriyeh, al-Qasaniyeh and Halouz region in Southwestern Idlib, killing an unspecified number of militants and destroying their equipment.
A local source said that an underground base of Tahrir al-Sham was destroyed in the air raids in Jabal al-Zawiyeh region, adding that the militants sustained at least a dozen casualties in the incident.
Senior Terrorist Commander Killed in Iraqi Forces’ Operation at Border with Syria
TEHRAN (FNA)- Abu Haziqa Eraqi, a notorious commander of the ISIL, was killed in a mop-up operation of Iraqi troops in Western deserts near the border with Syria.
The Arabic-language Sumeriyeh news quoted a security sources as reporting that the Iraqi forces have killed Abu Haziqa Eraqi nom de guerre al-Azab that was hidden in a tunnel in a desert region near Syria’s border.
It further said that Abu Haziqa was in charge of supplying weapons, ammunition and also the bombs planted in the suicide or booby-trapped vehicles.
Spokesman for Iraqi Forces’ Media Center Colonel Yahya Rasoul said Sunday that the Iraqi popular forces kicked off a large-scale cleansing operation to purge the country’s border with Syria and Jordan of ISIL terrorists.
The Iraqi colonel reported that the popular forces of Hashd al-Shaabi and Tribal fighters have launched a large-scale operation under a joint command to root out ISIL terrorists from a very large area covering al-Mahlabiyeh region, South of Tal Afar region, Sinjar region, Um Jaris region at the international border up to al-Ba’aj al-Qirwan al-Karah.
Rasoul further said that the General Command of Salahuddin Operation started its mop-up operation in regions South of al-Hadhar, North of al-Siniyeh and Wadi al-Ma’alef and North of Baghdad to hunt the remaining pockets of ISIL terrorists.
He went on to say that other units of the Iraqi forces launched similar mop-up operation in Akhshat, al-Rutbah and North of the international highway between Iraq and borders with Jordan in Anbar province.
Rasoul added that other Iraqi units under the command of Jazeera Operation kicked off their cleansing operation in upper regions of the Euphrates River from a region between Rawa and al-Ramana in Western Anbar up to the Northwestern borders with Syria.
Syrian Army Opens Fire at Terrorists in Eastern Qalamoun after Militants Refuse to Join Peace Talks
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian Army and Air Force started to target terrorists’ positions in Eastern Qalamoun in the Northeastern part of Damascus province after militants refused to join the reconciliation agreement and opened fire at the government forces on Wednesday.
Jeish al-Islam announced in a statement that they have refused to join talks with the Russian forces over a ceasefire and reconciliation agreement in Eastern Qalamoun.
The terrorists further opened fire at the peace negotiating committee in Jayroud region in Eastern Qalamoun, injuring some of the committee members.
Also, the terrorists of Jeish Tahrir al-Sham and Ahmad Abdu terrorist groups stormed the army positions in al-Muhassa region.
Later, the army’s artillery and missile units pounded terrorists’ centers in Mount al-Batra in Eastern Qalamoun and regions near the town of al-Nasiriyeh.
In the meantime, the army aircraft launch heavy airstrikes on terrorists’ positions in al-Jabal region in Eastern Qalamoun.
In a similar development on Tuesday the army troops repelled the terrorists’ heavy attack on Eastern Qalamoun region after an agreement between the army and militants in al-Dumayr came into force.
The army men engaged in fierce clashes with a group of terrorists in al-Mahasa region between the administrative border of Eastern Qalamoun and Homs province and repelled their attack, killing or wounding a number of militants.
Military analysts believe that the attack launched by Ahmad Abdu gunmen and Jeish Tahrir al-Sham was actually a coup to disturb the newly-agreed reconciliation agreement between the army and militants in al-Dumayr region.
Syrian Army Advances against Terrorists in Rapid Counter-Attack in Hama
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian Army troops fended off a heavy offensive of the Al-Nusra front (also known as Fatah al-Sham Front or the Levant Liberation Board) and managed to capture more regions in a rapid counter-attack in Southeastern Hama on Wednesday.
The army men repelled the Al-Nusra front’s attack on Tal Dareh and Qaba al-Kurdis regions and the villages of Jarjiseh from al-Satahiyat region in Southeastern Hama, inflicting major losses on the terrorists.
The army men further carried out a rapid counter-attack and managed to push the terrorists back from Quneitrat Water Pumping Station that supplies drinking water to the town of al-Salamiyah and its outskirts.
In the meantime, the army’s artillery and missile units pounded terrorists’ positions in the villages of al-Zara and Talf in Southern Hama, killing and wounding a number of the gunmen.
An Arab media outlet said on Tuesday that the terrorist groups, deployed in Hama-Salamiyah-Homs Triangle, have called on the Syrian Army for reconciliation talks after frequent defeats in recent days.
The Arabic-language al-Watan daily reported that the army has temporarily halted its operation in Southeastern Hama and Northern Homs to pave the ground for the start of reconciliation talks with the militants that have applied for a peace agreement.
The daily further said that the militants have demanded local activists to mediate and end the army assault amid the government forces’ rapid advances in Southeastern Hama and Northern Homs.
Al-Watan went on to say that the army has remarkably advanced against the terrorists in the town of al-Rastan that is a main bastion of the militants.
In the meantime, the Syrian Air Force carried out several combat flights over terrorists’ positions and movements in the towns and villages of al-Quneitrat, Deir Foul, Ezzeddeen, al-Hamrat and al-Qantarah, killing or wounding a number of militants and destroying their vehicles.
Two injured in terrorist sniper shooting on al-Fouaa and Kefraya
18 April، 2018
Idleb, SANA
Two civilians were injured due to a sniper shooting attack by Jabhat al-Nusra terrorists on residential neighborhoods in the terrorist-besieged towns of Kefraya and al-Fouaa in Idleb countryside.
Civil sources told SANA that Jabhat al-Nusra terrorists positioned in Ma’retmisreen, Binnish, and Kafarouma on Wednesday targeted with sniper fire the citizens’ houses in the towns of Kefraya and al-Fouaa, causing the injury of two civilians.
Shaza / Hazem Sabbagh
Terrorist shelling attack on Damascus
18 April، 2018
Damascus, SANA
A terrorist shelling attack on the neighborhoods of al-Zahera al-Jadedeh and Bustan al-Dour in Damascus on Wednesday caused only material damage.
A source at Damascus Police Command told SANA that terrorists from Daesh (ISIS) positioned in Yarmouk Camp targeted with two mortar shells the neighborhoods of al-Zahera al-Jadedeh and Bustan al-Dour in Damascus, causing material damage to public and private properties, but no casualties were reported.
H. Zain / Hazem Sabbagh
- VA Nebenzi: United Nations Security Council Meeting on the Humanitarian Crisis in Raqqa and Rukhban
- H.E. Dr. Bashar Jaafari: United Nations Security Council Meeting on the Humanitarian Crisis in Raqqa and Rukhban
- Syria in the Last 24 Hours: Syrian Army Calls on Residents to Leave Terrorist-Held Regions in Dara’a
- Statement by the Head of the Russian Delegation Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation to the OPCW Ambassador A.V. Shulgin at the 58th Meeting of the Executive Council 16 April
- Russian Military Finds Chemical Weapons Warehouse in Douma
- OPCW Enter Douma City
- War Against Syria is a Danger to the Entire World
- Syrian Air Defenses Target Missiles Over Homs
- On Independence Day, Syrians Follow in the Footsteps of Their Ancestors
- Briefing by Russian Defence Ministry Official Major General Igor Konashenkov
- Pentagon Budget Requests Equipment for up to 65,000 Forces in Syria
- Raqqa Residents Condemn US Attack on Syria, Demand US Troop Withdrawal







You must be logged in to post a comment.