More Civilians Lose Lives in US Airstrike in Northeastern Syria
TEHRAN (FNA)- More than 45 civilians were killed and several more were injured in the US-led collation air raids on residential areas in the ISIL-held Raqqa city, local sources said on Tuesday.
The sources said that over 45 civilians were killed and several more were wounded after US’ jets targeted the al-Touse’eiyah district in Raqqa city.
The incident comes just one day after the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that more than 3,000 people, including nearly 1,000 civilians, have been killed during the past month.
In the meantime, the UK-based monitoring group says at least 29 people have been killed in US airstrikes in Raqqa city.
The Syrian state news agency reported on Monday that the coalition’s strikes hit residential areas in al-Kataf street, wheat silos, nearby areas of al-Shafe’ei mosque and al-Mesriyeh square in the town of Albu Kamal in Southeastern Deir Ezzur, killing five civilians.
It added that another strike targeted Baqras Foqani settlement in the Eastern territories of the province, claiming the lives of seven people.
The airstrikes left ten civilians injured and caused damage to the nearby houses and infrastructure, the news agency specified, adding that some of the injured are in critical condition.
Several Senior Terrorist Commanders Killed in Russian Air Raids in Syria
TEHRAN (FNA)- Russian Defense Ministry Spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said Tuesday that seven notorious field commanders of the ISIL terrorist group have been killed in the Russian Air Force combat flights over their positions in Deir Ezzur province in the last two days.
Konashenkov said that seven field commanders of the ISIL, including a terrorist coordinator, were killed in the country’s air attacks on the Eastern bank of the Euphrates River over the past two days.
“Seven field commanders of various levels were killed, including a native of Kazakhstan, Abu Islam al-Kazakhi, who coordinated the actions of ISIL’s assault units in the Euphrates valley,” Konashenkov said.
“Over the past two days, the air force continued to hit ISIL’s positions on the Eastern bank of the Euphrates. Confirmed losses of terrorists in the area totaled 304 militants killed and more than 170 wounded,” Konashenkov said.
“The center for the assembly and training of ISIL’s foreign mercenaries, including about 40 militants from the North Caucasus, as well as a mobile sniper group of terrorists, were destroyed by an air strike,” Konashenkov added.
He said three command posts, nine strongpoints of terrorists, eight tanks, three artillery systems, 17 SUVs with large-caliber weapons and 4 ammunition depots were also destroyed.
Western media sources reported last week that Russia was about to establish a new military base in Deir Ezzur that would be the Russian forces’ largest base in the war-hit country after Humeimim airbase in Lattakia.
The Arabic-language al-Ahd news website quoted western media sources as reporting that Russia was to set up a new large military base in Deir Ezzur due to its reginal and international strategic importance.
Al-Ahd added that the long distance between the Russia-run Humeimim airbase and Eastern or Central Syria and the superior capabilities and features of Deir Ezzur airbase were two other reasons for Moscow’s decision.
In the meantime, proximity of Deir Ezzur to the US bases in Iraq and Syria’s main oilfields, on which Russia was keen to invest, were mentioned among other reasons, al-Ahd pointed out.
The website went on to say that Moscow’s decision to set up a military airbase in Deir Ezzur was also mainly aimed at preventing the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces from crossing the Euphrates River to rush towards South that was home to the richest oilfields in Syria.
Precise strike on a munitions stockpile, according the Defense Ministry. The location is completely obliterated in the massive blast.
Another clip demonstrates a direct hit on what the military says was a terrorist field command point. Following the powerful blast, the building can be seen razed to the ground.
This video demonstrates an airstrike on apparent terrorist headquarters at an unknown location. Several vehicles can be seen in front of the building moments before an aerial bomb hits it.
The last one shows the Russian Air Force targeting a terrorist combat vehicle, the ministry said. Following the explosion, burning remains of the vehicle can be seen scattered on the ground.
More Terrorist-Held Checkpoints at Border with Jordan Captured by Syrian Army
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian Army troops continued their anti-terrorism operation in the Southeastern territories of Damascus province on Tuesday, seizing control over five more checkpoints at the border with Jordan.
The army men clashed fiercely with terrorists in the Southern part of the country and took control over five checkpoints of 191 to 195.
A number of terrorists were killed and their military equipment were destroyed in the attacks.
The remaining pockets of terrorists fled the battlefields following the rapid advances of the army.
The Syrian army and allied forces in fresh military operations on Sunday managed to seize full control over several more positions and outposts near the country’s border with Jordan.
The army units and allies forces retook control of nine border areas from Point 177 to Point 185 which were regarded as main defense lines of the terrorists in Southern Syria.
This was while the Syrian army troops came in control of Points 173, 174, 175 and 176 around 21 days ago and within the framework of their operations for imposing control over vaster regions at border areas.
The army troops also won control of al-Azan mountains and their surrounding areas measuring 150 square kilometers in the Eastern countryside of Sweida to the East of al-Zalaf dam.
A military news outlet run by the Lebanese Hezbollah resistance movement said on Saturday that the newly-recaptured positions were all situated to the Southeast of the capital Damascus.
Terrorists Deploy at Syria’s Nassib Border-Crossing Despite Jordan’s Ultimatum
TEHRAN (FNA)- One of the terrorists groups in Daraa province in Southern Syria deployed at Nassib border-crossing, announcing that it will not hand over the passageway to the Syrian government irrespective of Amman’s ultimatum, a Syrian media outlet reported on Tuesday.
The Arabic-language al-Watan daily reported that terrorists of the National Front for the Liberation of Syria entered Nassib border-crossing by force and fortified their positons regardless of Jordan’s ultimatum to close off the passageway.
In the meantime, chief coordinator of the National Front for Liberation of Syria Abu Mohammad al-Akhtabout said that the group’s move to enter the Nassib passageway is aimed at preventing the Syrian government from reopening the border-crossing as it serves Damascus’ interests.
He further said that the group’s move is a reaction to any attempt, including de-escalation zone agreement, that tries to put an end to hostilities.
A well-informed source reported on Monday that differences were rising among terrorists over the reopening of Syria’s Nassib border-crossing with Jordan after Amman gave a last ultimatum to the terrorists to pull back from the passageway.
The source said the rift widened after the Syrian Army troops’ rapid advances at border with Jordan and after Amman gave a last ultimatum to the terrorists to leave the Nassib border-crossing.
The source further said that the terrorists were so disunited that some of them intended to hand over the Nassib border-crossing to Damascus via the mediation of Russia and Jordan, while the rest of terrorists were opposing compromise and trying to specify some terms before handing the passageway over.
In the meantime, Khalid al-Khatib, one of the well-informed sources aware of talk said that the Jordanian officials gave only 10 days to the terrorists and the so-called Free Council of Dara’a province to say their last word about talks over reopening of Nassib border-crossing.
He further said that the roads and passageways that connect the terrorist-held region to the Damascus-controlled region would be cut off after Jordan closes off the passageways to the terrorists and as the Syrian Army intensifies attack on terrorists from different directions.
The Syrian and Jordanian Armed Forces gave a last ultimatum to the terrorists to retreat from Nassib border-crossing in Dara’a province fast, al-Watan reported on Friday, adding that Damascus and Amman are insisting on the immediate reopening of the border-crossing.
The al-Watan daily quoted Khalid al-Khatb, one of the well-informed sources in talks with the terrorists in Dara’a as saying that Amman announced to the terrorist commanders, deployed in Jordan, that the Nassib border-crossing would be reopened soon whether they agree or not.
The daily added that the Syrian Army also underlined its own conditions for the reopening of the border-crossing.
Al-Khatib told al-Watan that the Syrian Army dispatched a large number of forces and a large volume of military equipment to the Southern city of Dara’a, adding that if the terrorists do not comply with the army’s conditions, the border-crossing would be reopened by military force.
In the meantime, militant-affiliated news websites quoted the sources as saying that the Syrian government gave an ultimatum to the terrorists in the region, warning that the pro-government forces would start military operations to reopen the border-crossing if the terrorists refuse to accept their terms.
Idlib: Syrian Fighter Jests Bomb Terrorists’ Large Arms Depot
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian Air Force targeted a large arms and ammunition depot of Al-Nusra Front (Tahrir al-Sham Hayat or the Levant Liberation Board) in Southeastern Idlib on Tuesday, damaging the depot.
The warplanes carried out several combat flights over Al-Nusra Front’s positions in Abu al-Dhuhour military airport and bombed a depot of weapons and arms.
The depot was badly damaged and a large number of terrorists were killed in the air raid.
Relevant reports said last month that nine terrorists of Al-Nusra Front were killed and several more were wounded in a large blast in the Northwestern city of Idlib.
Nine Al-Nusra members were killed and several more were wounded in a huge explosion near the Municipality Sports Stadium in the militant-held city of Idlib.
In the meantime, Al-Nusra announced that a number of its forces were injured in the explosion of vehicles carrying ammunitions.
Army regains control over new positions on Deir Ezzor-al-Mayadeen road and on villages between Hama and Homs
3 October، 2017
Army units achieved a new advance in the operations against ISIS terrorists in the southeastern countryside of Deir Ezzor, killing one of their prominent leaders at the eastern bank of the Euphrates River.
SANA reporter said that army units established control over new positions on the road of Deir Ezzor- al-Mayadeen after carrying out intensive operations against dens and gatherings of ISIS terrorists.
On the eastern bank of the Euphrates River, army units engaged in violent clashes with ISIS over the past few hours at the axis of Khsham-Hatlet Fouqani, according to the reporter.
Scores of terrorists were killed in the clashes including one of their prominent leaders nicknamed “Abu Osama” of Tunisian nationality.
The Syrian Air Force also participated effectively in supporting land operations launched by the army through carrying out intensive airstrikes and destroying ISIS positions in the villages and towns of al-Jnainieh, al-Hussainyieh, Hatla, Muhassan, Sa’alou, al-Taiba, al-Boulail and al-Salhiyia.
The airstrikes expanded to target positions of ISIS terrorists in neighborhoods of Knamat, al-Hamidyieh, al-Ardi, Khasarat and al-Sheikh Yaseen as a number of terrorists were killed and many of their vehicles and fortifications were destroyed.
Army units regained control of four villages in the besieged area between the countryside of Hama and Homs after eliminating the last ISIS gatherings there.
SANA’s reporter covering the army’s operations in the eastern countryside of Hama said that army units, in cooperation with the supporting forces, engaged in heavy clashes with ISIS terrorists in Abu Hanaya and Hamadi Omar villages, leaving a number of them dead and their hideouts destroyed.
The reporter said that the army’s engineering members combed the liberated villages and dismantled IEDs and mines earlier planted by ISIS terrorists in the houses in order to fully secure those villages and launch a new offensive in pursuit of the terrorists in the area.
A field commander told SANA,s reporter that army units carried out military operations against terrorist groups positioned in Hamadi Omar village which was considered one of ISIS’ largest hotbeds in the eastern countryside of Hama, resulting in the killing of a number of terrorists while the rest fled.
The commander added that the terrorists used the village’s mosque and its school as army depots and bases for them.
Another field commander pointed out that army units launched operations from Shaer area in the eastern countryside of Homs and advanced towards the north down to the village of al-Faseda in Hama’s eastern countryside, restoring control over more than 30 villages and towns on an area of about 1000 square kilometers, closing in on the remaining terrorist groups in the eastern countryside of Hama and Homs.
In the next few days, the villages of Hama and Homs are expected to be declared clear of ISIS terrorists, the commander affirmed, adding that torture chambers and prisons set up by ISIS were found inside schools, mosques, silos and civilians’ houses.
In the eastern countryside of Homs, SANA’s reporter said army units closed in on the last ISIS sites to the east of Jebb al-Jarrah and established full control over the villages of Braq al-Nashma and al-Jaberiyeh in the eastern countryside of Homs.
The reporter added that army units established fire control over ISIS dens in al-Wadihi and Tweina villages and started a new ground operation to root out the last gatherings of terrorists there.
Iran sends 200 tons of aid to Eastern Aleppo
3 October، 2017
A convoy of aid sent from Iran to the people of the eastern countryside of Aleppo province arrived on Tuesday.
The convoy consists of 10 trucks, said Member of the Executive Office of the Aleppo Governorate’s Council Dr. Abdul-Ghani Qassab, adding that the aid weighs 200 tons and includes relief and food stuff, clothes, medicines and stationery.
Speaking in a statement to SANA reporter, Qassab noted that the aid came in the framework of the friendly relations between the people of Syria and Iran.
Briefing of the Centre for reconciliation of opposing sides in Syria (October 3, 2017)
The Syrian Arab Republic is returning to peaceful life.
National Reconciliation and Control Committee jointly with the Land Committee of Aleppo province finished inspecting property right documents of civilians in order to return temporary displaced persons to their homes. The Committees have inspected 160 houses in 38 settlements. In total, 116 families have returned to their houses in the north of the province.
Over the last 24 hours, 1 ceasefire agreement has been signed with representatives of Tall Dou in Homs province.
National Reconciliation Committees continued establishing conditions for recovering social infrastructure objects in Syrian settlements and towns.
Hasan Ibrahim School in Homs city has been recovered.
In Adra, Damascus province, one of two production lines of the al-Bassel Bakery has been fixed. The bakery will provide over 10 tons of bread to civilians.