The Real War on Terror Is Nearing Absolute Victory in Syria
TEHRAN (FNA)- Consider the following news headlines first. They all appeared in just one day, i.e., September 12:
* Syrian Army Tightens Noose on ISIL in Eastern Hama
* Syrian Gov’t Forces Hammer ISIL Positions in Deir Ezzur
* Syrian Army Preparing for Second Phase of Deir Ezzur Liberation Operation
* Deir Ezzur Residents Return to Normal Life after End of ISIL Siege
* Large Group of Fleeing ISIL Members Detained by Army in Central Syria
* Russian Bombers Hit 180 Terrorist Targets in Hama Province
All these important gains were made against ISIL in Deir Ezzur in the past couple of weeks, making it clear that the Real War on Terror by the allied forces of Iran, Syria, Russia and Hezbollah is indeed nearing absolute victory. Hezbollah has declared victory in the war along the Lebanese border already, while Iran and Russia say Syria is well on its way to defeating ISIL outright. Per usual, the news hasn’t gone so well in Washington.
The regime-change cabal says “the claims of progress may be getting ahead of themselves,” with “fakestream” media claiming the allied forces are yet to clear the country of terrorists. This claim appears demonstrably false, as all credible maps of territory show the Syrian government is indeed well ahead of that:
– It is undeniable that ISIL and other foreign-backed terrorist groups have lost a lot of territory in recent months, and a lot of that territory has fallen to the government forces in both Iraq and Syria. The terrorists might still have some defenses building around certain areas of their remaining territory, but that does in no way mean they can make further pushes by the allied forces more difficult.
– As reported by Western media outlets, the overseas terrorists are returning home with all sorts of new combat skills and international contacts. US officials say their intention is no one should survive to return home. That’s never a realistic goal, and we’re seeing ISIL defectors by the hundreds leaving combat zones, with large numbers flocking to the Idlib province. Many have already crossed the border into Turkey. They are effectively out of the warzone, heading towards Europe and beyond.
– It is clear who these people who crossed are, and what countries they originated in. Now that they’re out of Syria, it’s not likely to be that difficult for them to navigate their way back to Europe, and we already know what they will do to their patrons in the future.
– The bigger picture behind Official Washington’s hysteria over the Syrian victory is the image of a decaying but dangerous American hegemon resisting the start of a new multipolar order. Iran and Russia have been chafing for years under a new world order in which one nation gets to serve as judge, jury, and high executioner. This, of course, is the United States. If the US says it will continue to occupy post-ISIL Syria militarily, then, it will see to it that Syria suffers accordingly.
The good news is that Syria and its allies are outmaneuvering Washington and its client states, forcing them to back off. The regime changers no longer seem so far-sighted, much less having the upper hand on the ground. By driving US-backed, pro-Al-Qaeda forces out of many places in Syria, particularly East Aleppo and Deir Ezzur, the allied forces have basically checkmated the US and company.
In short, America’s troops are still out everywhere and winning nowhere, a problem President Donald Trump is only exacerbating. He has recommitted American troops and air power to the war on Syria. Expect Washington’s profligate killing machine creating a desire for more vengeance among civilian populations. As an instrument of victory, it didn’t work in the past, nor will it work in post-ISIL Syria.
Army secures Deir Ezzor Airport’s landing strips, gains control over new areas in eastern countryside of Homs
13 September، 2017
Deir Ezzor/Homs, SANA
Syrian Arab Army units continued operations to secure the perimeter of Deir Ezzor Military Airport and Regiment 137, in conjunction with concentrated operations to eliminate ISIS terrorists form the province’s southeastern countryside.
SANA’s correspondent said that an army unit that established control over al-Thurda Mountains and met with the Airport’s garrison a few days ago is carrying out demining in the area and securing and clearing landing strips in preparation to resuming safe takeoff and landing operations at the Airport.
The correspondent said the Syrian Air Force conducted several sorties targeting movements and positions of ISIS in al-Jnaina, al-Maryaiya, and al-Beghailiya villages, killing and injuring many terrorists and destroying their fortified positions.
Meanwhile, local sources in the province’s western countryside said that more ISIS terrorists have fled the area, including ISIS’ “agriculture minister” Abdelrahman Okla al-Aref and one of the leaders of the terror organization’s “Islamic police” Okla al-Aref.
Meanwhile, units of army regained control on the villages of Um Rajm, Nazal Farm, Shleilat, Amoudyiah, Rasm Sawanah and center of fodders in Homs eastern countryside.
Earlier, army units, in cooperation with the supporting forces, continued pursuing groups of ISIS terrorists in the eastern countryside of Homs province. regaining control over the towns of Zagroutiyeh, Darwishiyeh, Lwaibdeh, Ghuniman, and Umm Sagh with a front of 12km and a depth of 6km to the north of Manoukh in Jib al-Jarrah area.
A military source told SANA that the army operations left a number of ISIS terrorists dead, in addition to destroying their
weapons and equipment, including armored vehicles and machinegun-equipped cars.
Engineering units dismantled the landmines and explosive devices which ISIS terrorists had planted in the roads and the squares of the
aforementioned towns, the source added.
Later, the source said that army units restored control over Unk al-Hawa, Um al-Tababin and al-Khan villages and continued chasing the remnants of the ISIS terrorists in the eastern countryside