The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine confirmed that the upsurge in individual resistance actions carried out by heroic Palestinian youth throughout the occupied homeland are important operations that must continue, escalate and evolve, and need popular support in the West Bank and Jerusalem in various forms in light of the occupier’s continuous crimes against our people.
The PFLP emphasized that these resistance actions have taken multiple forms, including resistance with knives; this stems from the resolve and determination of the Palestinian youth to restore their land and their rights of which they are deprived, and their conviction in the justice of their cause.
The Front said that the Zionist enemy should know that every Palestinian is a potential guerrilla to confront the occupation and the settlements; there is no place to find security or stability as a colonizer. The Palestinian people will not give up their rights until the last drop of blood in their veins.
The Front also emphasized the need to support these individual actions on an organized level through the immediate call to form a unified national leadership in all areas, to manage and lead this battle and to elevate the level of resistance actions to deal serious blows to the Zionist entity and the settlers. The Front also emphasized the need to embrace the families of the heroic guerrillas, and provide whatever they need to support them, and to defend them from attacks by the occupation.
Clarification by Progressive Student Labor Front on statement by Gaza students on BDS
The following statement of clarification was issued by the Progressive Student Labor Front in the Gaza Strip, in regards to a statement issued on 8 October bearing signatures from Palestinian student organizations in Gaza. The PSLF is listed as the “Progressive Student Work Front” on that statement. The PSLF withdraws its signature to that statement, and is engaged in dialogue with other Palestinian student organizations in regards to this matter. It emphasizes the importance of unity in the movement – which can only be obtained through open political dialogue on the Palestinian national liberation movement on the Palestinian, Arab and international levels. The PSLF’s statement is below:
We, the Progressive Student Labor Front of Gaza, were listed as signatories to a statement, “Palestinian Student Groups in Gaza Respond to Attacks on BDS by ‘NYC SJP’.” At the time, we were unfamiliar with the original article, to which this statement seeks to respond, The BDS Ceiling, by New York City Students for Justice in Palestine. Now, that we have familiarized ourselves with the original article, we repudiate and withdraw our name from the statement posted above that seeks to speak in the name of the Palestinian students of Gaza. We also extend our support to New York City Students for Justice in Palestine and their firm and committed struggle against Zionism and racism and for the liberation of Palestine.
Far from an attack on BDS, NYC SJP’s statement notes that “the BDS movement has had a powerful impact on the israeli economy…We as New York City Students for Justice in Palestine embrace BDS, and consider it one of the most material contributions we can make to the Palestinian struggle….Zionism’s hegemony on campus has eroded since the BDS call was issued in 2005, we should celebrate this fact and continue the work.” NYC SJP’s statement is part of a necessary conversation and debate on the systematic and damaging impact of NGOization on the Palestinian national liberation movement and, most importantly, the solidarity movement. It is also part of needed political discussion about how we can fully assert and struggle for all of our rights and all of our liberation, for Palestine from the river to the sea.
We do not agree with everything NYC SJP included in this statement, or their political positions in all other statements they have written; however, we know that these are political struggles to be taken up and carried out together, in our movement. This is a discussion within the movement, among forces who stand in one camp, confronting Zionism.
We note that NYC SJP ended their statement with a quote from Comrade Leila Khaled, “BDS, of course, on the international level, is very effective. But it doesn’t liberate land.” As Comrade Khaled went on to say, “Now, there’s an experience, and it’s not something theoretical we are speaking about – the BDS during the apartheid era in South Africa, it helped the people who were holding arms. But if they were not holding arms it may have affected them politically, but it would not have liberated, not on the ground.”
BDS is an important part of the international struggle to liberate Palestine; it is one part of our overall strategy of resistance until national liberation. We urge the development and escalation of BDS campaigns at an international level just as we urge the escalation of resistance in all forms and all means here in Palestine to confront the occupier.
We also emphasize the important role of Palestinian communities in exile and diaspora, including Palestinian students in New York and throughout the United States struggling in all forms of student organizations, whose voices are critically needed in shaping the future, strategy and vision of our Palestinian national liberation movement.
We share NYC SJP’s call for “struggle to confront and defeat Zionism.” These strugglers led a march through the streets of New York calling for “Intifada” and the liberation of Palestine this week, as our people in the homeland are marching, resisting, and confronting occupation’s crimes and killing machines, rising up and confronting the US-supported and armed occupation forces killing our youth. We are proud to call them – and all of the students, youth, and progressive forces who raise up the banner of Palestine inside the imperialist United States – our comrades in the struggle for the liberation of Palestine.
Palestinian Student Labor Front – Gaza Strip
Statement from Palestinian prisoners in Israeli Jails: Intensify the flames of the uprising
Statement of the leadership of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine organization in Israeli jails
To the masses of our people, who are giving so many sacrifices, martyrs, prisoners and wounded, our masses who are continuing and escalating the intifada, confronting the usurper Zionist entity, its soldiers and its settler hordes…to the heroes of stones and Molotov cocktails….our martyred sister Hadeel Hashlamoun…our martyred brothers Diaa Talahmeh, Muhannad Halabi, Fadi Alloun, Hudhaifa Osman and Abdelrahman Obeidullah…our steadfast people in the city of Jerusalem, all of our people on their land in the occupied West Bank resisting..in Gaza..in occupied homeland of 48…in the camps in Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq and all parts of the world in diaspora…To the sons of Abu Jihad and Al-Yassin and Al-Hakim and Abu Ali and Shikaki and Al-Qassem, and the long list of the martyrs of our people…
The uprising is escalating in size and continuity, with loyalty to the blood of the martyrs and supporting our steadfastness in Israeli jails, toward victory for the wounded of the homeland. In expression of our rejection of the occupier and its crimes, we in the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine branch in Israeli jails issue an urgent appeal:
1) The Palestinian prisoners’ movement in Israeli jails is an integral part of your struggle, and will certainly stand with you and your program of struggle in which the prisoners’ movement will participate in all aspects.
2) The General Secretary, Ahmad Sa’adat, the leader, greets you; he is watching the developments of the mass movement and calls on all hands to rise in confrontation and steadfastness.
3) All of the sectors of our people: Popular committees in the camps and villages, youth, students, women, workers and intellectuals must engage in the continued mass movement against the occupation and the settlers under the banner of the Palestinian flag, to escalate the popular uprising to an overwhelming level, to develop its potential throughout the West Bank and Jerusalem and to ease the pressure of the occupation on the burning areas.
4) Increase the resistance actions and rising to confront the usurper entity, its soldiers, settlers and undercover agents…turn the roads into traps for occupation and settlers…continuing throwing Molotov cocktails and stones…the occupation must live under pressure until forced to concede our rights.
5) There is an urgent need to mobilize all energies and resistance in the battle of the camps, to confront the invasions of occupation forces, closing streets and erecting barricades, preventing them from entering the camps. The camps are an incubator of intifada and the starting point of uprising and resistance to the occupation.
6) The national and Islamic forces must come together immediately to form a unified national leadership with tasks divided in various committees; it is upon themselves to manage the battle of the uprising, maintain its continuity and mass popular character, and to mobilize popular participation in these activities, support the steadfastness of our people and provide for their needs under closure, siege and occupation pressure.
7) Our people will continue in Gaza, in ’48, in the camps and in the Diaspora to take to the street in marches in support of the ongoing rising in Jerusalem in the West Bank, affirming the unity of our national territory and the interrelationship between the components of the Palestinian people.
8) The Palestinian leadership must resolve clearly in public to end all of the obligations of the Oslo accords, end security coordination and economic agreements; the rifles of the security services must protect our people from the occupation and settlers, not suppress our people and arrest them.
9) Universities and schools should take to the squares to rally in support of the popular uprising, with broad participation in its activities, raising the morale of our people.
10) The importance of political and diplomatic struggle to convey the message of our people and their demands to the whole world. This includes raising the files of the Palestinian cause to the United Nations, demanding international protection for our people and condemning the occupation and documenting its crimes against our people and their holy sites before the International Criminal Court.
11) We call on our people, the Arab masses and the progressive forces of the world; the solidarity movement, the global boycott movement, to support the steadfastness of our people and the uprising confronting the occupation, and work to expose the policies and crimes of the occupation on all levela and in all forums, to take to the streets and besiege the embassies of the enemy and provide academic, cultural and economic boycott of the enemy.
To the masses of our people…
Onwards toward further confrontation and escalation. Our struggle and our voice is your voice and your resistance. Your struggle is an extension of our steadfastness and battle of wills and struggle of empty stomachs inside the occupation jails.
Long live Palestine, free and Arab from the river to the sea
Long live our victorious uprising
Glory and eternity to the martyrs, Victory to our people
Palestinian Progressive Youth Union: The rising intifada and revolution of the youth
At this time, when hordes of settlers terrorists are invading and rampaging in the streets of the occupied West Bank, while the occupation army surrounds Nablus and Jerusalem with its troops and intelligence agents, storming towns and villages, arise the heroes of Palestine, the finest blossoming of Palestinian youth, struggling on the glorious path of liberation, continuing the call which they have inherited from their parents and grandparents.
It is the message carried by Palestinian youths Diaa Talahmeh, Muhannad Al-Halabi, Fadi Alloun, whose flesh and blood was shed by the occupier and its settler killers, who struggled for Palestine and its people. Diaa revolted, Muhannad sacrificed, Fadi martyred, while Qais al-Saadi and his comrades resisted in Jenin confronting the attack of the occupation. The streets of Jerusalem throb with a new Palestinian pride and honor as the sons and daughters of Issawiya and Jabal Mukabber and all of our city free their rocks, Molotov cocktails and flames from their hands, rebelling with their lives. Nablus, the Mountain of Fire, confronts the occupier and defies its siege, united in its people and their heroism.
This is a battle of freedom and dignity, the battle of all, a battle that shames the occupier and humiliates its army, a battle that rages with the flames of revolution and steadfastness throughout the West Bank, confronting and overcoming those who devalue our lives, steal our land and dignity, and burn our children and our people alive. We are all with you today and it is required that we all do the following:
1. Joining with the heroes of the Palestinian resistance to confront the enemy forces with all forms of weapons and resistance.
2. The formation of committees and popular protection groups, as a popular response to the crimes of the settlers for the protection of our people, villages and farms; not only to defend, but to attack the fascist cowardly settler hordes.
3. Launch the battle in the streets to liberate the occupied West Bank, it is unacceptable that we are banned from our streets while the settlers invade our communities with massive violence.
4. Rallying and demonstrating in Jerusalem, Nablus and everywhere to break the siege on our proud capital and the steadfast Mountain of Fire.
5. Sending our support to the families of the heroes and the martyrs and rally around their families and protect them by all means against attempts by the enemy to demolish their homes.
6. We call on our brothers in the Palestinian security services to join with the resistance and popular committees to defend our people and confront the crimes of the settlers and disobey all orders that call upon them to carry out political arrests and security coordination with the occupation.
7. Universities, schools, institutions, youth centers, women’s unions, neighborhood and popular committees in the villages and camps, sports clubs and our entire people in the camps and in diaspora, one people with one cause, are called upon to join the activities of the popular uprising, to mobilize and harness all of their capacities in support of the uprising and its continuation.
Palestinian Progressive Youth Union