Reports from the War on Yemen

Red Crescent : Islamists in Yemen Stealing Emergency Food Aid
West’s Proxy Jihadist Terror Network Uncovered in Yemen
US Conducting Proxy Bombing Campaign, Ground War in Yemen
The Yemen Tragedy and the Ongoing Crisis of the Left in the US
Saudi-Led Coalition Pours Troops Into Yemen
US-backed Forces in Yemen Escalate Airstrikes


Saudi Attack Kills Tens of Civilians in Sa’ada Market

TEHRAN (FNA)- Saudi bombers hit a civilian-packed market called Al-Maqna’a, in Manba, a district in the province of Sadaa, killing tens of people who were preparing for the upcoming Eid Al-Adha.

Saudi Warplanes Pounding Civilian Markets in Yemen

TEHRAN (FNA)- Saudi bombers raided a Yemeni civilian area in central Sana’a four times and destroyed shops in the area in the early hours of Monday and wounded at least 4 people.

Talks Underway in Oman to Halt Saudi Attacks on Yemen

TEHRAN (FNA)- A senior Ansarullah leader announced that negotiations on halting the Saudi aggression against Yemen are proceeding in Oman.

“The talks are currently underway in Muscat to halt the Saudi attacks on our country (Yemen),” Hamza al-Houthi, member of Ansarullah’s political bureau, told FNA on Monday.

Al-Houthi also said that the talks in Oman will also include resumption of consultations and negotiations between the warring sides in Yemen.

On Sunday, Oman’s Foreign Ministry announced that six foreign captives, including two Americans, three Saudis and a British citizen, were released by Yemen’s Ansarullah fighters.

The hostages, held for months by the Yemeni fighters, were released yesterday and later flown from the Yemeni capital, Sana’a, to neighboring Oman.

Oman’s Foreign Ministry, which helped negotiate their release, said in a statement that the hostages were released following mediation efforts by the country’s diplomats acting on behalf of Oman’s ruler Sultan Qaboos bin Said.

The two Americans were identified as Scott Darden, an employee of a logistics company, and security consultant Sam Farran.

They were arrested along with a British national in the early days of Saudi Arabia’s military aggression against Yemen in late March. Their release appears to be a goodwill gesture by the Ansarullah ahead of UN-brokered peace talks later this week.

Both the US and the UK have been supporting the Saudi onslaught against Yemen by supplying arms to the aggressors and providing them with intelligence and logistical support.

Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 180 days now to restore power to Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 6,106 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.

Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.

Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

Dubai Ruler’s Son Killed in Yemenis’ Attack in Ma’rib

TEHRAN (FNA)- Son of the Prime Minister and Vice President of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, has been killed in the Yemeni revolutionary forces’ attack in Ma’rib province, informed sources announced, rejecting claims that Sheikh Rashid has died of heart attack.

“Sheikh Rashid and a number of other UAE forces were killed in a Yemeni forces’ Katyusha attack in Ma’rib province and reports on his death as a result of a heart attack are only aimed at deceiving the Emirati people who are demanding withdrawal of the UAE troops from Yemen,” the Yemeni Press quoted informed sources as saying on Sunday.

The UAE news websites had claimed that Sheikh Rashid had died of a heart attack.

The Arab-language al-Ain news website, meantime, quoted people close to Ansarullah as confirming that Sheikh Rashid has been killed in Ma’rib.

Sheikh Rashid was the eldest son of Sheikh Mohammed. Rashid’s brother Sheikh Hamdan is the Crown Prince of Dubai.

A Saudi-led coalition force has been striking Yemen for 180 days now to restore power to Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 6,106 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.

Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.

Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

Yemeni Forces Down Another Saudi Apache Helicopter

TEHRAN (FNA)- Yemeni army and popular committees shot down another Saudi Apache helicopter near the city of Ma’rib.

On Sunday, the Yemeni forces shot down a Saudi Apache helicopter with a missile in the al-Safer area, Yemeni military sources said.

On Sep 13, Yemen’s air defense forces downed a Saudi Apache helicopter gunship in Ma’rib province.

The Yemeni army’s air defense forces supported by Ansarullah popular committees shot down the helicopter on Sep 13 with a surface-to-air missile in the district of Horaib in the Central province of Ma’rib, al-Manar news channel reported.

Earlier this month, the Yemeni army and popular forces also shot down a military helicopter of the Emirati army with a surface-to-air missile in a region in Eastern Yemen.

The UAE Apache military chopper exploded after it was hit by the Yemeni forces’ missile in Al-Sa’fer region in Eastern Yemen, killing all the military men on board, the Arabic-language Al-Mayadeen satellite TV reported.

In a relevant development on August 21, the Yemeni army and popular forces shot down a Saudi military helicopter in the province of Jizan in Southern Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 180 days now to restore power to Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 6,106 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.

Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.

Yemeni Forces Seize More Saudi Territories

TEHRAN (FNA)- The Yemeni army and the Popular Committees gained control of several areas in the city of Al-Khubah in the Saudi province of Jizan.

The Yemeni forces seized several areas in Al-Khubah city, including Qamar, Al-Dhahira and West of Dar Al-Nasr towns, killing and injuring scores of Saudi troops on Sunday. Nine Saudi vehicles were also destroyed.

Also on Sunday, Yemeni forces killed at least three Saudi soldiers with sniper fire and destroyed a Saudi tank along with two military vehicles in Jizan.

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia’s Interior Ministry has confirmed the deaths of two government troops in a Yemeni cross border attack on the Southwestern Najran region.

Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 180 days now to restore power to Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 6,106 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.

Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.

Yemeni Forces Win Back Strategic Regions in Southern Saudi Arabia

TEHRAN (FNA)- The Yemeni army and popular forces took control of strategic regions in the province of Jizan in Southern Saudi Arabia, the defense ministry in Sana’a announced on Monday.

The Yemeni forces seized back several strategic villages in al-Khoba region of Jizan province, Yemen’s defense ministry said in its statement.

The Yemeni forces had earlier taken control of several strategic areas in Al-Khoba region, including Wadi al-Jarreh military base and several other military bases.

On Saturday, the Yemeni forces managed to hit a Saudi military base in Saudi Arabia’s Southwestern province of Asir, taking several soldiers captive.

In a video released by Yemen’s al-Masirah television network, the Yemeni forces are seen engaging the Saudi soldiers in the region, destroying their vehicles.

Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 180 days now to restore power to Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 6,106 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.

Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.