Turkey : KCK Ready for Mutual Consolidated Ceasefire

KCK Executive Council Co-Presidency said they were ready for a mutual consolidated ceasefire, and supported the efforts and struggle of peoples, democracy forces and pro-peace circles for a democratic political resolution and lasting peace.

full screen slider
BEHDINAN – ANF

KCK (Kurdistan Communities Union) Executive Council Co-Presidency has released a statement saying that they appreciate the calls voiced by Turkey’s democracy forces, European Union and political groups from the European Parliament for a mutual ceasefire and return to negotiations.

“On this basis, we emphasize once again that we are ready for a mutual consolidated ceasefire, and support the efforts and struggle of peoples, democracy forces and pro-peace circles for a democratic political resolution and lasting peace.”

Recalling the talks between the Turkish state and Kurdish Freedom Movement and Leader Abdullah Öcalan that lasted for years, KCK pointed out that the Kurdish movement and leader acted with patience during the course of this process and created an environment eligible for a resolution despite the AKP’s policies of delaying a solution and gaining time.

Reminding of the Dolmabahçe Palace declaration of 28 February on the basis of an agreement between the Kurdish side and the government-state officials, KCK said this declaration had raised hopes among the society and public opinion of Turkey for the resolution of the Kurdish question on the basis of Turkey’s democratization.

KCK continued, “However, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s remarks ‘I do not accept this agreement which has nothing to do with democracy as is supposed. There is no Kurdish question, no addressee, no side, and a monitoring committee is not acceptable’ dropped onto the hope of peoples like a bombshell. Erdoğan revealed his true intention by saying that ‘These will legitimize İmralı’, as if there had been no talks in Oslo and İmralı for years.”

‘LEADER APO IS SUBJECTED TO AGGRAVATED ISOLATION’

KCK continued by pointing out that Kurdish people’s leader Apo [referring to Öcalan] who always treated the issue of Kurdish question’s resolution with reason, called for a ceasefire and initiated a dialogue process for this purpose, has been subjected to an aggravated isolation since 5 April. “This has clearly manifested that the Turkish side pursued a hostage policy against Leader Apo and wanted to make him a means to an end for their own purposes. Despite Leader Apo’s repeated warnings to avoid an approach like this and replace it with a treatment based on talks, they didn’t abandon this mindset and policies, and did eventually decide to crush and eliminate the Kurdish Freedom Movement.”

‘TURKISH STATE DEEPENED ITS ATTACKS AND WAR UPON THE SELF-RULE DECLARATION OF OUR PEOPLE’

KCK emphasized that the Turkish state and AKP government decided to launch a war against the Kurdish Freedom Movement at the National Security Council meeting of 30 October 2014 following the Kurdish people’s uprisings in solidarity with Kobanê on 7-8 October. Remarking that Dolmabahçe Agreement was rejected due to this decision of war, KCK said this was when and why Leader Apo was subjected to an aggravated isolation and a war was started against Kurds, which was put into practice with 24 July attacks following the 7 June election defeat.

“The Kurdish people decided to build a free and democratic living and their self-rule in the face of the rejection of Dolmabahçe Agreement, ignoring of June 7 election results as a basis for a democratic political solution and practice of war with heavy attacks on July 24. Upon this declaration of self-rule, the Turkish state enhanced and deepened the war, attacks and persecution against the Kurdish people and movement.”

‘GUERRILLAS RESPONDED TO ATTACKS WITH RETALIATORY ACTIONS’

Pointing out that guerrillas responded with retaliatory actions to the enhancement of attacks on the self-rule declaration of the people, KCK said this conflict was a consequence of the AKP’s policies before and after the elections.

“The AKP which lost the June 7 election, aims to remain in the power alone by legitimizing its now-illegitimate ruling with the support of some circles and enhancing its repression in the election process. In this regard, we agree with the general popular view that ‘This is the war of the Palace’. The war AKP has started against the Kurdish Freedom Movement serves neither the defense nor the indivisible integrity of the country. On the contrary, this war makes the peoples confront each other and causes a de facto division of the land. Attacks on the Kurdish people and HDP in Turkish cities, and the attack of occupying military and police forces in Kurdish cities do openly reveal this truth.”

‘CALLS FOR MUTUAL CEASEFIRE ARE VALUABLE AND MEANINGFUL’

Pointing to the concerns of many circles over the ongoing war in Turkey and Northern Kurdistan, KCK said they appreciated and valued the calls voiced by many circles including Turkey’s democracy forces, European Union and political groups from the European Parliament for a mutual ceasefire and return to negotiations. “We had previously stated that we were ready for a mutual consolidated ceasefire aiming a permanent resolution through negotiations”, KCK noted.

‘LEADER APO MUST BE PROVIDED WITH REQUIRED CIRCUMSTANCES’

Recalling that the Kurdish movement declared Leader Öcalan as the chief negotiator, KCK said the Kurdish leader must be provided with circumstances to enable him negotiate under free conditions, hold talks with the Kurdish movement, all political circles, civil society organizations, intellectuals and authors, and play his role as the chief negotiator. “As is seen in all similar cases across the world, there is a need for impartial delegations to observe and monitor the approaches of both sides. Calls from Europe have already voiced readiness to act as mediator in this process”, KCK added.

‘WE ARE READY FOR MUTUAL CONSOLIDATED CEASEFIRE’

KCK said it was important to ensure the release of those arrested during the process of dialogue since 2013 Newroz, and hundreds of those arrested in the recent process for political grounds, including co-mayors.

“If we are meant to create a process of negotiation and resolution and ensure a lasting peace, these conditions must definitively be fulfilled, as is also the case in worldwide examples. On this basis, we emphasize once again that we are ready for a mutual consolidated ceasefire, and support the efforts and struggle of peoples, democracy forces and pro-peace circles for a democratic political resolution and lasting peace”, KCK added.

12 soldiers killed in an action by YJA STAR guerrillas
https://i1.wp.com/en.firatajans.com/article/image/9bc3f0be1351d64b2a90ba657a09f4cabe9521fc_1442334769.jpeg

YJA STAR guerrillas have carried out an action against Turkish troops deployed in Geliyê Dostki area in Gever (Yüksekova) district of Hakkari, leaving 12 soldiers dead and 4 others wounded.

September 15, 2015
BEHDINAN – ANF

People’s Defense Forces (HPG) Press Office has reported in a written statement that Martyr Rojin Gewda guerrilla team affiliated to YJA Star (Free Women’s Troops) has carried out an action against a Turkish troop deployed in the area between Bêsosin and Hill Çete in Yüksekova district of Hakkari on September 13.

12 soldiers were killed and 4 others were wounded in the action which was dedicated to guerrillas Şahin Goya and Militan Kobanê who were martyred in Geliye Dostki area.

HPG reported that the Turkish army yesterday withdrew the operation it had been conducting in Geliyê Dostki area since September 2.

Guerrillas conducted another action against Nehri military post hill in Şemdinli district of Hakkari at 12:30 on September 14, in which they targeted 5 soldiers outside the post as well as a tower. While the number of the casualties left by the action here could not be verified, Turkish troops shelled Şapata, Goman areas and the surroundings of Nehri military post after the action.

In a sabotage action at 23:30 on September 14, guerrillas destroyed a base station of three GSM operators in Aylava village of Hakkari’s Yüksekova district.

INTERVENTION AGAINST SOLDIERS ATTEMPTING TO ADVANCE IN HEFTANIN

Guerrillas also hit the Turkish troops that attempted to advance in Martyr Kendal area at the border of Heftanin of Medya Defence Zones at between 13.00 – 18.00 on September 14. While the action forced soldiers to retreat, Turkish troops shelled Martyr Kendal area and surroundings with mortars, howitzers and tanks after the action.

Guerrillas further destroyed a digger which was used to open the road leading to Bilican military post at Zap border at 14:30 on September 13.

In another action, guerrillas hit Bilican military post and a tower which caused an explosion that left it completely burned at between 15.30 – 16.00 on September 14.

SABOTAGE ACTION AGAINST POLICE IN KERBORAN

Two police were wounded in a sabotage action carried out by guerrillas against a police minibus at the entrance of Kerboran district in Mardin at 11:45 on September 14.

A base station was destroyed in a sabotage action in Bablesa village of Van’s Başkale district at 21:30 on September 13.

ACTION BY GUERRILLAS IN PERVARİ

Marty Rubar Guerrilla team carried out an action against Xerxol military post in Pervari district of Siirt at 07:20 on September 15, leaving at least 2 soldiers dead. A short-lasting clash took place between soldiers and guerrillas that also targeted a tank in the garden of the post. Following the clash, Turkish forces shelled the area from a Cobra type helicopter, which started wildfire in the area.

An internet network was destroyed by guerrillas in Yeste village of Mardin’s Ömerli district on September 13.

Turkish troops that started activities in Hesek village of Amed’s Piran (Dicle) district on September 10 retreated without obtaining any results on September 23.

Bingöl-Amed road remains under the control of guerrillas since September 13.

ATTACKS AGAINST GUERRILLA AREAS

HPG went on reporting about the bombardments launched on guerrilla held areas with mortars, howitzers and tanks. Accordingly,

Oremar military post in Yüksekova district of Hakkari shelled Govendê area at Zagros border at between 13.00 – 14.00 on September 14.

Eriş military post at Zap border shelled Xeregol area and its surroundings at between 11.00 – 11.30 and 16.30 – 17.30 on September 14.

Bilican military post shelled Garêya Piçuk and Martyr Neval areas at between 15.30 – 16.00 on September 14.

Report on Cizre: State forces deliberately shot civilians dead
https://i2.wp.com/en.firatajans.com/article/image/fc42cccc55b19a7326feee66e40748ee315ea9ae_1442392595.jpeg

A report prepared by human rights organizations on Cizre reveals that state forces deliberately targeted and shot civilians, violated their right to health and denied them access to treatment.
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
AMED – ANF

Human rights organizations have released a report they prepared following a scene-examination in Cizre district of Şırnak. The report reveals that state forces deliberately targeted and shot civilians dead, violated their right to health and denied them access to treatment.

IHD (Human Rights Association), TIHV (Human Rights Foundation of Turkey) Amed Branch, Amed Chamber of Medicine and General Practice Association (PHD) Amed Branch visited the town for an examination of the state terror between 4 and 12 September.

Releasing the report at a press conference in Amed, IHD General Vice President and Amed Branch Co-Chair Raci Bilici recalled that they were denied access to the town despite all their efforts during the course of the curfew and were able to enter the town only after the lifting of the curfew.

‘ISOLATION MUST END, TALKS MUST BE RECOMMENCED’

Bilici said they faced a terrifying scene during their examination as they talked to the families of slain civilians, witnesses and health personnel in the town.

Calling attention to the urgency of ending the conflict environment, Bilici urged the removal of the aggrevated isolation on Kurdish People’s Leader Abdullah Öcalan and return to the table of negotiations.

‘CIVILIANS WERE DELIBERATELY TARGETED’

Speaking after, TIHV Representative Barış Yavuz underlined that state forces deliberately targeted and shot civilians, while also denying those wounded access to hospital. Remarking that the inhabitants of the town were also cut off from the outside world as electiricty, water and mobile phone services were all suspended, Yavuz noted that the houses and workplaces of the people were also targeted by attacks and demolished.

FINDINGS

Some of the findings highlighted in the report are as follows;

* The examining delegation reached the conclusion that operations by state forces in civilian settlements took no account of the civilians’ security of life and property, resorted to use of excessive force and perpetrated heavy violations of human rights. During the eight days of curfew, a total of 22 citizens lost their life, mainly as a result of armed fire and denial of access to urgent treatment service.

* State’s security forces participating in operations deliberately targeted civilians with armed fire and hindered the access of emergency service staff to neighborhoods.

* Those denied access to medical service were treated by locals in houses amid a lack of hygiene and medicine, as a result of which many of those wounded didn’t respond to treatment and died, while some others lost their lives at the scene where they were shot. Even after the ending of the curfew, wounded civilians abstained from visiting hospitals due to ecurity of life, and continued receiving treatment in their houses.

* During the operations, houses and workplaces of many citizens were damaged, while many others were forced to leave home and the town due to a lack of security of life and property.

* Due to a lack of any assessment after the curfew and operations that were supposedly conducted for the ‘capture of organisation members’, it has been concluded that the operation was in fact conducted in the form of an attack, intimidation, threat and deterrence against the people.

* The incidents have also caused a critical psychic trauma for the children.

* Our delegation concluded that the uncollected garbage in streets and neighborhoods could lead up to serious health problems.

DEMANDS

The report listed the following demands in the wake of the recent incidents in the town;

* Regardless of the cause and manner of the incidents, our delegation condemns the attacks that targeted civilians and resulted in heavy violations of human rights, the right to life in the first place, also demanding an effective investigation to expose all the aspects of the incidents.

* Our delegation proposes launching of immediate judicial and administrative investigations regarding the practices of security forces that threatened civilians’ security of life and property during and after the operation, and suspension from office of concerned personnel and superior authorities during the course of the investigations.

* In consideration of the serious damages inflicted on the houses and properties of civilians, which constitutes a violation of the Article 35 of the Constitution, the damages on the right of property must be covered immediately. Şırnak Governor’s Office must form a damage and loss determination commission and cover the victimization suffered by civilians during the incidents.

* Considering the suspension of electricity, water and mobile network services during the operations as a restriction and violation of rights, our delegation demands an immediate exposure as to which institution ordered these interruptions for which reason.